The Jessica Ennis Stand

Surely if we can have a Jessica Ennis stand we should also be having a Bobby Knutt stand and a Marti Caine stand, I mean come on, these giants of light entertainment really did put Sheffield on the map in the mid seventies!!

we could name this the chuckle brothers forum, to you, to me. UTMO

Edited by hathechewed

I've never really got into the whys and wherefores of what clubs have paid or haven't paid as there's not much us supprters can do about it. But, i heard that we had actually settled the original loan and with a fair bit of interest paid also, as you do with any loan.

Wasn't it only the interest remaining that a 'deal' was done on?

Correct me if i'm wrong LB, l admit to knowing very little about the whole mess we were in, apart from being too close for comfort to admin.

and still are, as i say blinkered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from my jollys and have seen this thread first, surely this is un true ? :o

Just got back from my jollys and have seen this thread first, surely this is un true ? :o

No m8 100% true:)

and still are, as i say blinkered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, can you explain your post, not sure what you mean??

??? :confused:

The co-op also missed an opportunity too !! should name all their 4 stands the co-op stand, lettering in big , bold letters too.

Just to remind these rightous Owls about their shameful past.:|

Perhaps all 4 stands at your ground should be called 'McCabe stand' then, after all, it's his money that's bank rolled United - you haven't earnt what you've spent, that's for sure.

By your same logic, the runners-up trophy that your club's chairman showed off to everyone outside the town hall doesn't count either. At a civic reception which, as someone who pays into the Sheffield City Council's coffers, thinks was a complete waste of money.

You're right - it doesn't count.

The reception wasn't a waste of money - it was to celebrate a local footbal team winning promotion.

Perhaps all 4 stands at your ground should be called 'McCabe stand' then, after all, it's his money that's bank rolled United - you haven't earnt what you've spent, that's for sure.

It's a sign your back, have you been on your jollies Frank, sorry but what you say is crap. MM has saved you lot, you didn't have a pot to pee in, you were hours from admin & possibly worse, funny how that's forgotten tho isn't it.

Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, in fact all clubs are bankrolled Frank, money does not come from the football fairy, its just that some owners are considerably richer.

What would have happened if her BF had been a Wendy, you lot would have been on here saying it was fantastic, just because United want to honour the lass & council dragging its feet, its a good not bad thing:):)

Cant confirm any of your points Billy, to be fair there have been loads of rumours, the one i believe rightly or wrongly is the Co-op wrote off the bank debt (£23m ) in return for £7m of shares in the "owls 2O10" with a view of profiting from any future success.

As for interest only outstanding, i cant really see that being true, the bank extended the credit by a sum, even when the winding up process had started.

The fact the Owls were able to start with a clean sheet has kick started the latest revival, and your right its not the supporters fault.

However seeing the likes of Leeds , Southampton, and formally Pompy as well as others prospering after such debt, bad management and in some cases ADMINISTRATION, must stick in the throat of other well run clubs, struggling but still paying there way in all divisions.

Your suggestion is (yet again :yawn:) that we should feel ashamed of what happened with the Co-op.

We don't. Get over it. By repeating that we do/should, you just make yourself look silly.

At the end of the day, our current position is partially down to a benefactor (Co-op) having invested money into our club on the hope that the club would still be both operational and profitable enough to profiteer from the investment. Their gamble didn't work out for them. That's business.

Much the same way as the money that the likes of Jack Walker invested into Blackburn. And a whole host of other chairmen have invested into their clubs, in order to gamble that they may get it back one day, with dividends.

Including Kevin McCabe.

Your main issue seems to be that we have been gifted this, and we haven't earnt it.

Well, how about we consider:

1. Parachute payments that United received (that Wednesday didn't receive when they were relegated from the Premier League) that united didn't earn. No other league in the land/world employs a system that pays TV money to clubs that they don't actually show on TV. These netted united £32m WHICH THEY DIDN'T EARN. Should you feel ashamed at that? The purpose of these payments is to soften the blow of relegation based on high wage bills of contracted players. Which is the very thing that put Wednesday in the mess we were in. We both got financial assistance on this - us from Co-op, you from the Premier League. Why should we feel more ashamed than you for this 'handout'?

2. Money McCabe has invested in the club that he will never receive back. similar to your criticism of the Co-op/Wednesday arrangement. Do you feel ashamed that McCabe will never get his money back? That the McCabe family have taken a big hit on their personal fortunes, for nothing in return (except stinging criticism on Radio Sheffield?).

3. Tevez Money - £m's of pounds earn't through an adminsitration error - if the paperwork had been done right, he would have been able to play all those games and score those goals. You got £m's because someone didn't do an admin task correctly. Do you feel ashamed that you took that money and success off those West Ham fans because of a clerical error?

Just because you choose to wrap the skeletons in your closet in a play off final scarf and shoes you found in the car park, doesn't make it any less of a skeleton. United have beneiffitted much more than Wednesday in the last 10 years from handouts. If anyone should feel shame.........

Edited by F. Sidebottom

It's a sign your back, have you been on your jollies Frank, sorry but what you say is crap. MM has saved you lot, you didn't have a pot to pee in, you were hours from admin & possibly worse, funny how that's forgotten tho isn't it.

Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, in fact all clubs are bankrolled Frank, money does not come from the football fairy, its just that some owners are considerably richer.

What would have happened if her BF had been a Wendy, you lot would have been on here saying it was fantastic, just because United want to honour the lass & council dragging its feet, its a good not bad thing:):)

Typical blade response.

A blade makes a suggestion that we should call our stands Co-op stands because the Co-op wrote some of our debts of so we should honour them. And when I point out that McCabe has done the same (he knows he won't get back all the money he has pumped into united) this is somehow 'crap'.

:loopy:

Of course. so why, when the Co-op gambled on us and lost, should we feel ashamed, as Ladybirds suggests we should? As you say, all clubs do it. some through owners, some through investors, some through dodgy sponsorship deals. It's business.