The Jessica Ennis Stand

not got them on. it's my opinion that it if they were to name it after someone it should be a past player or someone associated with the club. i say it how i see it on here, if you don't like it then tough cos i wont lose any sleep over it:P

Thats more or less my opinion on it too,naming a stand after derek pace or hodgkinson,currie ect i could understand,or if she was a big fan of utd and sat in that stand on a regular basis.

Id have thought naming something in the city that was representative of her sport or athletics in general would be more appropriate in her case,she may fade from memory over the next four years and not even compete in the next olympics for any number of reasons,where as players that represented the club at a consistently high level,will ALWAYS be club legends.

not got them on. it's my opinion that it if they were to name it after someone it should be a past player or someone associated with the club. i say it how i see it on here, if you don't like it then tough cos i wont lose any sleep over it:P

Nervy mate, we have two statues at the ground of a former player and a much loved member of the staff (much loved by both sides of the city), so we do that.

We all know that the renaming of the sports stadium, or the renaming of part of it, should have happened, but didn't, not sure why people are so up in arms about this, I think Jess is a credit to the city and is a great ambassador for British sport globally. If the council ever got their act together we would not be talking about this.

This thread has been done to death, let's let it drop.

Nervy mate, we have two statues at the ground of a former player and a much loved member of the staff (much loved by both sides of the city), so we do that.

We all know that the renaming of the sports stadium, or the renaming of part of it, should have happened, but didn't, not sure why people are so up in arms about this, I think Jess is a credit to the city and is a great ambassador for British sport globally. If the council ever got their act together we would not be talking about this.

This thread has been done to death, let's let it drop.

agreed, i doubt i'll post much more on this thread now. like you say the council should of got in there first but they didn't. it will all be forgoten about soon enough anyway and i'd be surprised if many blades actually even bother calling it by that name, i know if they renamed our kop as something i would still call it 'the kop'.

so my final say is i don't agree with it, i wouldn't agree with it if wednesday did it but i'm certainly not getting wound up over it:)

agreed, i doubt i'll post much more on this thread now. like you say the council should of got in there first but they didn't. it will all be forgoten about soon enough anyway and i'd be surprised if many blades actually even bother calling it by that name, i know if they renamed our kop as something i would still call it 'the kop'.

so my final say is i don't agree with it, i wouldn't agree with it if wednesday did it but i'm certainly not getting wound up over it:)

Good man!

We all call our grounds (S2 and S6) by the traditional names, so this won't change.

As for Sheffield council not getting their act together in time, is anyone surprised? :hihi:

No problem there because nobody actually cares what you personally think anyway.

And as somebody who was actually there on Saturday it did not even come up in the half time or post match discussion such was the strength of feeling attatched to it.

Leave us to worry about who we choose to celebrate and we will leave you to celebrate your own heroes as exemplified with the article in yesterday's star on your own famous supporter

You dont care but thanks for the reply and 'dig' to a personal opinion on a public forum.

so because owls have expressed their opinion on it it's winding us up:huh: even though i don't agree with it i will go about my normal day with this not effecting me one bit, i certainly wont be stressing about it. some fans agree with it(some blades, some owls) and some don't, again both owls and blades don't agree it should of.

i don't see why peole have to get on their high horse on here when an opposition fan disagrees with something, there would be plenty of blades not agreeing with it if we had done it. in a few months time it will all be forgotten about anyway, i'll be amazed if anyone calls it the jess ennis stand now let alone in a few months time

Buts thats what we have all been saying everybody will still call it the Bramall lane end. I sit in the south stand not the GAC , I face the John Street not The Visit Malta and the Kop is just that not the Kennedys Kop

You dont care but thanks for the reply and 'dig' to a personal opinion on a public forum.

You are welcome

Seb Coe was born in London, making him a Londoner, I was born in Sheffield making me a Sheffielder, is that easier for you.

It's easy for me pal as I was born in Sheffield way before you were a twinkle in your dads eye.:rolleyes: I mean't Seb Coe lived in Sheffield, during the time of his achievements in athletics, therefore representing his home town.:clap:

It's easy for me pal as I was born in Sheffield way before you were a twinkle in your dads eye.:rolleyes: I mean't Seb Coe lived in Sheffield, during the time of his achievements in athletics, therefore representing his home town.:clap:

Seb Coe may not have been Sheffield born but he was certainly Sheffield bred.

We all think of Micheal Vaughan as being a Sheffielder despite being born in Manchester

Christ,you must be old m8.:hihi: