The Jessica Ennis Stand

:huh:err what?

Of course they will have discussed it with her first - is that a serious question? (Blimey, I know we get some thick folks on here but give me a little credit will yer?)

I'm sure she's flattered to be asked but she should have refused in my opinion because it's NOT to her advantage - it's purely a cheap PR trick and she is worthy of better.

What next? Jessica Ennis Chicken Balti pies at half-time?

I would be interested to know your logic,or did you just throw it in there?.

Its quite funny really how people like you are getting wound up about something,that quite frankly has zero to do with you or anybody else.

It involves 2 people,and if they are ok with it,where's your problem?.

"She should have refused"What makes you think your judgement is better than her PR manager's?.

Edited by BLADE8T1
accidentally put an "E" on "her", sorry web1

I would be interested to know your logic,or did you just throw it in there?.

Its quite funny really how people like you are getting wound up about something,that quite frankly has zero to do with you or anybody else.

It involves 2 people,and if they are ok with it,where's your problem?.

"She should have refused"What makes you think your judgement is better than here PR manager's?.

Its just an opinion, being discussed on an open forum, If the guy thinks its stupid he will say so, I don't see anywhere that implies he is getting wound up, and as this is an open discussion then he is entitled to say so, this is what it has to do with him......Mcabe employed (secret agent) Danny, so many of you lot protested at this, this is between 2 people, why were you lot so upset, I can think of 1 guy who still thinks he is the wrong man for the job:hihi:

And as for the last comment...:huh:

It's embarrassing because Sheffield United Football Club has no claim over Jessica Ennis whatsoever and she has no link with the club other than she comes from Sheffield.

It's tacky and seedy to try and capitalise on her fame and achievements. You know, a bit like the Michael Jackson statue at Fulham? Neither have got anything to do with football or the football club. Totally inappropriate and done purely as a cheap PR stunt rather than to honour this great athlete that the whole city should be rightly proud of and feel ownership of.

It's just bad taste mate - that's all. But I appreciate not everyone will be able to see that point of view.

I can see what you mean bud, if he'd gone to the fans & asked them , I still think it would have been a yes for it tho. TBH it doesn't bother me, I'm just surprised it bothers so many, okay same people but lots of posts.

I can't believe anyone can get wound up by this. It was either the "Global Douchebag Tractor Fixing Magical Hogwart Classes Crew Stand" or "The Jessica Ennis Stand". Plus she's fit.

I can't believe anyone can get wound up by this. It was either the "Global Douchebag Tractor Fixing Magical Hogwart Classes Crew Stand" or "The Jessica Ennis Stand". Plus she's fit.

Not wound up in the slightest. Its like when you hear a really really poor singer on the x factor and cringe for them.

Well I think its GREAT!.........................

Just to know its winding up so many Owls on here has to be worth it!.

Has anyone else noticed that Wednesday fans are always in our affairs?,but we don't tend to poke around as much in their life?.I honestly would struggle to name 3 owls players,thats how much they interest me as a Blade.

so because owls have expressed their opinion on it it's winding us up:huh: even though i don't agree with it i will go about my normal day with this not effecting me one bit, i certainly wont be stressing about it. some fans agree with it(some blades, some owls) and some don't, again both owls and blades don't agree it should of.

i don't see why peole have to get on their high horse on here when an opposition fan disagrees with something, there would be plenty of blades not agreeing with it if we had done it. in a few months time it will all be forgotten about anyway, i'll be amazed if anyone calls it the jess ennis stand now let alone in a few months time

Not wound up in the slightest. Its like when you hear a really really poor singer on the x factor and cringe for them.

Yeah, it's EXACTLY like that :hihi:

i like that, pretty much sums it up:hihi:

If Jess is really all in favour of it, why not wait until she could actually be there? It would boost the attendance too, I suspect. Rushed job to get some cheap publicity for a struggling football club IMO.

Its just an opinion, being discussed on an open forum, If the guy thinks its stupid he will say so, I don't see anywhere that implies he is getting wound up, and as this is an open discussion then he is entitled to say so, this is what it has to do with him......Mcabe employed (secret agent) Danny, so many of you lot protested at this, this is between 2 people, why were you lot so upset, I can think of 1 guy who still thinks he is the wrong man for the job:hihi:

And as for the last comment...:huh:

Thats right,it doesn't wind him up at all.:D.And thats YOUR opinion.

so because owls have expressed their opinion on it it's winding us up:huh: even though i don't agree with it i will go about my normal day with this not effecting me one bit, i certainly wont be stressing about it. some fans agree with it(some blades, some owls) and some don't, again both owls and blades don't agree it should of.

i don't see why peole have to get on their high horse on here when an opposition fan disagrees with something, there would be plenty of blades not agreeing with it if we had done it. in a few months time it will all be forgotten about anyway, i'll be amazed if anyone calls it the jess ennis stand now let alone in a few months time

Take your blue tinted glasses off will ya?.

Take your blue tinted glasses off will ya?.

not got them on. it's my opinion that it if they were to name it after someone it should be a past player or someone associated with the club. i say it how i see it on here, if you don't like it then tough cos i wont lose any sleep over it:P