The Jessica Ennis Stand

Well as a team that has won silverware* in our lifetimes, she'd be welcome.

* as a charlton fan, you will also be unaware of what silverware is. It's a trophy to recognise coming frst in something. Let us know when you win one :thumbsup:

Do you mean one like this:

http://media.freeola.com/images/user-images/1309/charltonchampions2012.jpg

The same thing that supporters of both Sheffield clubs thought they were going to win last season.

I am 19 years old - Charlton have won that and the football league title in 2000. That is two trophies they have won in my lifetime. I don't know about Sheffield Wednesday ...

Edited by CheekyBandit

Nope.

Finishing first out of the third tier does not count IMO.

Winning the top league or a domestic trophy only.

Until then, bye :wave:

good owd franky............................................................ never fails:huh:

Naming rights have already been taken for Colin Firth mate.....he's the printer in my office! sorry....

There is still room for the 'Roy Hattersley' spit bucket down at the Barracks though!

The co-op also missed an opportunity too !! should name all their 4 stands the co-op stand, lettering in big , bold letters too.

Just to remind these rightous Owls about their shameful past.:|

The co-op also missed an opportunity too !! should name all their 4 stands the co-op stand, lettering in big , bold letters too.

lb they are so blinkered they wont have a clue what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.

Finishing first out of the third tier does not count IMO.

Winning the top league or a domestic trophy only.

Until then, bye :wave:

By your same logic, the runners-up trophy that your club's chairman showed off to everyone outside the town hall doesn't count either. At a civic reception which, as someone who pays into the Sheffield City Council's coffers, thinks was a complete waste of money.

lb they are so blinkered they wont have a clue what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol the glory hunters may not:| others may have buried the co-op saga in the same place as the Alfreton result.:|

But a few of the returnees on here gloating, will know what we mean.:|

I've never really got into the whys and wherefores of what clubs have paid or haven't paid as there's not much us supprters can do about it. But, i heard that we had actually settled the original loan and with a fair bit of interest paid also, as you do with any loan.

Wasn't it only the interest remaining that a 'deal' was done on?

Correct me if i'm wrong LB, l admit to knowing very little about the whole mess we were in, apart from being too close for comfort to admin.

I've never really got into the whys and wherefores of what clubs have paid or haven't paid as there's not much us supprters can do about it. But, i heard that we had actually settled the original loan and with a fair bit of interest paid also, as you do with any loan.

Wasn't it only the interest remaining that a 'deal' was done on?

Correct me if i'm wrong LB, l admit to knowing very little about the whole mess we were in, apart from being too close for comfort to admin.

Cant confirm any of your points Billy, to be fair there have been loads of rumours, the one i believe rightly or wrongly is the Co-op wrote off the bank debt (£23m ) in return for £7m of shares in the "owls 2O10" with a view of profiting from any future success.

As for interest only outstanding, i cant really see that being true, the bank extended the credit by a sum, even when the winding up process had started.

The fact the Owls were able to start with a clean sheet has kick started the latest revival, and your right its not the supporters fault.

However seeing the likes of Leeds , Southampton, and formally Pompy as well as others prospering after such debt, bad management and in some cases ADMINISTRATION, must stick in the throat of other well run clubs, struggling but still paying there way in all divisions.

Edited by TAT

Back on topic.

The Jessica Ennis Stand, very embarrassing for all parties I think. But thats united in a nutshell I suppose. Embarrassing Sheffield since 1889. :hihi:

Edited by Contro

Back on topic.

The Jessica Ennis Stand, very embarrassing for all parties I think. But thats united in a nutshell I suppose. Embarrassing Sheffield since 1886. :hihi:

why 1886 ?

why 1886 ?

Isn't that when united were formed?... apologies, just checked, 1889

you can see I don't take much notice of your embarrassing little team. :D