56.7% of birth in London to foreign mums

Such a woolly definition of 'foreign' in that piece (typical Daily Mail alarmist reporting, not making it clear what their point is).

Is a legitimate immigrant who has applied for citizenship 'foreign'? How about that woman's children when they come round to having their own children?

Alarmist claptrap.

In your opinion.

No. as Medusa says, Alarmist claptrap... Purely designed to rouse the rabble. Simple as.

No they don't come here to breed, they come here for various reasons and given the demographic of immigrants they're likely to be younger and of working age (compared to the host population) therefore they're weighted towards being of child bearing age also.

When a minority outbreed the majority they must be doing a lot of breeding.

No. as Medusa says, Alarmist claptrap... Purely designed to rouse the rabble. Simple as.

Why is alarmist? I didn't find it very alarming.

Why are facts claptrap?

Not relay, if they wasn't here, more of our unemployed would have to pick up the slack, so less claiming benefits.
..and that's one of the reasons they're here..because our own unemployed are unable or unwilling to 'take up the slack'

Then there the benefits tourists that cost use millions and the fact EU immigrants on low pay claim work related benefits.

What is a 'benefit tourist'?

Within 'benefit tourists' would you include non domiciled Brits who pay nothing into the system but might be eligible for treatment purely by virtue of being born here?

Do you believe their claims for 'free' treatment supersede those of people who weren't born here but do pay into the system?

How many of the 56.7% of foreign births do you think are beneficiaries of benefit tourism?

How many of those foreign mums have a British partner?

When a minority outbreed the majority they must be doing a lot of breeding.

Have I claimed otherwise?

Why do you find it 'alarming'?

Cut benefits

and

see the birth rate drop from immigrants

2 kids paid for by benefits

A max benefit cap of 8k per annum. If you want more money, then get job

Max cap on housing benefit of £70a week, thus reducing rents for people in work

Easy

You should get in politics,you would get my vote and probably many many others.

They aren’t a problem because they aren’t permanent migrants, they don’t contribute to an increase in the population, has one group arrive to study another group will have finished studying and leave.

You're making a lot of assumptions there. The thread is about children born to foreign mothers, it isn't a discussion about immigration.

The profile of a foreign student is different from a domestic one.

In most cases they're older, postgraduates and already partnered and/or have families. So it wouldn't be too hard to speculate on the possibility of them having children whilst they're studying in the UK.

Why are facts claptrap?

a) Alarmist? yes, because the DM is using the story to whip-up unrest.

b)they cease to be facts when they are "spun", Mr Smith.

Someone mentioned somewhere what the Alleged cost was expected to be (no pun intended) to the NHS, quite forgetting that if a non-EU national has treatment here, then they have to pay for it, it's not actually "free".

have i claimed otherwise?

You can't because it's true..

..and that's one of the reasons they're here..because our own unemployed are unable or unwilling to 'take up the slack'

What is a 'benefit tourist'?

:hihi::hihi:

They don't come here because the British won't work; they come here for a better life and compete for jobs that aren’t available in their country.

Brussels threatens to sue Britain to let in 'benefit tourists'

The European Commission has threatened to take legal action against Britain if ministers do not water down rules limiting foreigners’ ability to claim benefits.

Why do you find it 'alarming'?

I don't. :roll: