56.7% of birth in London to foreign mums

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but the immigrants that the poster was referring to whom I responded to (ie those drawn to agricultural work in Lincolnshire and Norfolk), are mainly east Europeans, who generally have a good grasp of English, it's unlikely you'd encounter a third or fourth generation Pole who was unable to speak English, that isn't wishful thinking on my part.
Where did I say people couldn't speak English? I said certain people often prefer to speak a foreign language in front of native English speakers whom they hope can't understand what's being said. I'm not singling any one culture/nationality out.

Apart from being ill mannered, it's also very useful in certain circumstances.

Know them all do you?

Not my experience of Eastern Europeans. Some do, some don't. Don't make generalisations you can't possibly substantiate, especially about people in other counties

Well most east Europeans I know do, I apologise for making such a crass generalisation.

Where did I say people couldn't speak English? I said certain people often prefer to speak a foreign language in front of native English speakers whom they hope can't understand what's being said. I'm not singling any one culture/nationality out.

Apart from being ill mannered, it's also very useful in certain circumstances.

You challenged my post which was in response to another which claimed the immigrants in Lincolnshire/Norfolk couldn't speak English.

Any chance of an opinion on the OP?

What is more curious is that I've not mentioned it at all on this thread
foreign born GP
Are you sure?
yet you seek to highlight my previous contributions on other threads, it appears you have your own agenda.

This thread isn't about immigration, do you have something relevant to say about the OP?

Of course its about immigration.

Are you sure?
Their occupation is incidental to the point I was making, they could have been a taxi driver, tax inspector or merchant banker, the point remains the same.

Of course its about immigration.

So, do you have anything to say about the OP?

The negative effects of unfettered immigration

All credit to Chief Constable Julie Spence of the Cambridgeshire Police for daring to say loud and clear that the uncontrolled arrival of migrant workers in this country, mainly from eastern Europe, is placing an immense burden on our public services. This is a message the Government does not want us to hear.

Miss Spence's intervention shows that whatever the economic benefits – and they are undoubtedly considerable – there is a flipside of heavy costs to the taxpayer as well. In her case, she is pleading for extra resources to keep the peace among a large population of migrant workers, many of whom do not speak English and therefore place a heavy additional burden on the police. The Chief Constable says it can take three times longer to deal with a crime in which the offender, victim or witness cannot speak English. But her complaint could as well be made by doctors, head teachers, social workers and other public servants struggling to cope with the biggest surge of immigration in our history.

This lack of focus has characterised the Government's handling of immigration throughout. Not only has it lost control of our borders; it has also failed to deal effectively with the problems posed by such a large immigrant population. In its refreshingly forthright valedictory report, the Commission for Racial Equality – shortly to be subsumed into the Commission for Equality and Human Rights – in effect concedes that our 30-year experiment in multi-culturalism (which the CRE enthusiastically espoused) has been a failure. Society is fracturing, segregation growing, the dream of integration further away than ever. This poses profound problems for the country: funding adequate public services is probably the least of them.

Their occupation is incidental to the point I was making, they could have been a taxi driver, tax inspector or merchant banker, the point remains the same.
But it isn't. The NHS is your favourite safehouse because its so emotive. You resort back to that hoping that people won't challenge you because people don't really want to criticise nurses or the NHS so you can feel like you've made your point. However, if you mean a taxi driver why not say it?

So, do you have anything to say about the OP?
No. This topic has veered off course and we're talking about this. You can report me, choose not to answer or respond. The choice is yours.

The negative effects of unfettered immigration

All credit to Chief Constable Julie Spence of the Cambridgeshire Police for daring to say loud and clear that the uncontrolled arrival of migrant workers in this country, mainly from eastern Europe, is placing an immense burden on our public services. This is a message the Government does not want us to hear.

Miss Spence's intervention shows that whatever the economic benefits – and they are undoubtedly considerable – there is a flipside of heavy costs to the taxpayer as well. In her case, she is pleading for extra resources to keep the peace among a large population of migrant workers, many of whom do not speak English and therefore place a heavy additional burden on the police. The Chief Constable says it can take three times longer to deal with a crime in which the offender, victim or witness cannot speak English. But her complaint could as well be made by doctors, head teachers, social workers and other public servants struggling to cope with the biggest surge of immigration in our history.

This lack of focus has characterised the Government's handling of immigration throughout. Not only has it lost control of our borders; it has also failed to deal effectively with the problems posed by such a large immigrant population. In its refreshingly forthright valedictory report, the Commission for Racial Equality – shortly to be subsumed into the Commission for Equality and Human Rights – in effect concedes that our 30-year experiment in multi-culturalism (which the CRE enthusiastically espoused) has been a failure. Society is fracturing, segregation growing, the dream of integration further away than ever. This poses profound problems for the country: funding adequate public services is probably the least of them.

Surely not more media-hyped doom and gloom trying to influence public opinion?

..but nobody's advocating 'unfettered immigration'.

But it’s what we’ve got and had for the past decade, and the negative affects far out way any good.

But it’s what we’ve got and had for the past decade, and the negative affects far out way any good.
But some immigrants work for the NHS so its ok

Surely not more media-hyped doom and gloom trying to influence public opinion?

They don't influence public opinion they reflect it.

Public opinion is way ahead of any media reports.