Tank graveyard at Darnall

that with pig sty is piggy lane runs up side of where halfway house pub used to be and the pig man was called george hogg

Harry waters or harri watters as my mother and dad called him was a friend of the family he once flitted us from the abourthorn to darnall on the back of the lorry i keep hearing about these stys but can't think where they were unless they were at the side of the cemetery try and explain to me where they were
Harry Waters was my step grandfather,and he was Jamestee,s also he was a bully of a man and used to hit me with his belt until my mother saw the marks on me, my mother was a buffer woman so i can leave that to imagination as to how she dealt with him but i never got hit with the belt again.I still have a chisel in my tool box with his initials on it and a couple of photos.

Harry Waters was my step grandfather,and he was Jamestee,s also he was a bully of a man and used to hit me with his belt until my mother saw the marks on me, my mother was a buffer woman so i can leave that to imagination as to how she dealt with him but i never got hit with the belt again.I still have a chisel in my tool box with his initials on it and a couple of photos.

top of colford road ,turn left ,then turn right , thats pig ally

that with pig sty is piggy lane runs up side of where halfway house pub used to be and the pig man was called george hogg

yes infield lane hogg is a good name for a pig man

harry waters had a few lorrys

harry waters had a few lorrys
He started with a horse and cart before the lorries,his sons took over the business, they were also in the wholesale market as fruiterers.He married my grandmother after my grandfather died and they lived on musgrave rd and then crumpsall rd on the shirecliffe before moving to paget st where he later died.

He started with a horse and cart before the lorries,his sons took over the business, they were also in the wholesale market as fruiterers.He married my grandmother after my grandfather died and they lived on musgrave rd and then crumpsall rd on the shirecliffe before moving to paget st where he l d

Yes can remember harry waters as we used to call him he lived near wood end he once flitted us on the back of the coal lorry. Waters are still in the fruit market my brother in law works for them. I'm terry roe and I lived on Coleridge rd was you from round that area ?

He started with a horse and cart before the lorries,his sons took over the business, they were also in the wholesale market as fruiterers.He married my grandmother after my grandfather died and they lived on musgrave rd and then crumpsall rd on the shirecliffe before moving to paget st where he l d

Yes can remember harry waters as we used to call him he lived near wood end he once flitted us on the back of the coal lorry. Waters are still in the fruit market my brother in law works for them. I'm terry roe and I lived on Coleridge rd was you from round that area ?

No lived next door to my grandmother on Crumpsall Rd Shirecliffe but i had quite a few relatives down Newhall Rd way.One of Harry Waters grandsons lived above me at Wickersley where i am now.

Thanks to this thread a childhood memory has been confimed. Thought I had imagined it. Can't remember the hardware but remember some wooden buildings on the site and thought there was some sort of TA connection. Thank for confirming my sanity now where did I put my cuppa....

terry 475 did you know Sammy Williams demolition on Coleridge rd ?

yes ray I worked for him for a while on the roof of the old market when they were knocking it down apart from that I lived straight across the road from him did you live round there ?

Anyone see these pictures of the tank graveyard in Ukraine? Apologies its DM, but the pictures are stunning. Bet they wished they had a few more in service.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572149/Stunning-images-huge-abandoned-tank-graveyard-Ukraine-machines-come-retirement-tensions-Russia-continue-escalate.html