Are there any hunters on sf

I believe the royals have been caught with there trousers down as far as shooting protected species are concerned apart from that a few game keepers have been detained at her Majesties pleasure which is ironic really.
And I believe you are mistaken.

Of course, I remain entirely open to being proven wrong :)

so, are there any hunters on here?

/me points at post #55 and waves.

Quite a few smiths walkers and jones and even a mrs chatterton

Not many hunters tho

I'm Currently Hunting for a flat, and a Girlfriend. I also hunt ghost's, Demons and general assorted Nasties from the underverse.

p.s. Hunting with rifles is cheating, a Bow and Arrow is the real sport.

Peas owt.

p.s. Hunting with rifles is cheating, a Bow and Arrow is the real sport.

Illegal though in the UK....

Crikey! He only asked if there were any hunters here.

How about if I asked if there were any Scuba divers on here? Would the replies be along the lines of " people diving in the sea, disturbing fish in their natural habitat, filling their air tanks using precious oxygen, boats polluting the water.

Or cyclists taking up the road, holding traffic up, not waiting at lights, cutting up traffic, jumping up on to the path when it suits them.

Fishermen harming fish by hooking them, fishing line left behind to choke swans, lead poisoning the lakes.

Motorcyclist riding too fast, like lunatics, too noisy, riding between lines of traffic.

All of these hobbies (possibly not scuba diving) have been abused in some way or another on this forum.

So lets have a list of SF approved hobbies that are not going to offend SF'rs.

I'll start the ball rolling with extreme knitting.

I hear tiddley winks can be life threatening. You might swallow one with your gob open and choke on it.

No, he probably means blokes and lasses armed with shotguns, rifles or bows ambling in the countryside from ungodly hours all day long -and maybe taking a shot at something of course- for the sheer enjoyment of it. That's beside the many non-shooting activities hunters also do as part of their hobby, btw - which are more akin to game management and 'cattle farming' (to an extent).

And it's 'feel good' incidentally ;)

I don't hunt in the UK, the game and flora/setup is not interesting enough, and prices (of everything) are just bonkers. But I do hunt occasionally, when visiting home in France. Went out after wild boar two weeks ago, saw a couple but didn't take a shot as it wasn't clear enough. Dog was happy as anything, it was his first ever and he had a right ball, out and walking all day long.

Well we shoot rabbits. Not necessarily for the fun of it, but to put in pies. It saves going to the supermarket and buying a creature someone killed on our behalf.

We also shoot foxes. I'm sure that's something the townies would condemn us for doing but it is something our chickens and ducks probably appreciate.

I can't see how anyone who eats meat can object to folk who hunt it for the purpose of food.

I hear tiddley winks can be life threatening. You might swallow one with your gob open and choke on it.

That pesky Wabbit.:hihi:

We are looking for wild caught rabbits if anyone know where we can get some?