Joseph peck department stores.

Further to my earlier comment, there were 3 Albion vans oldest 1926 with petrol tank in the cab called the old lady, next registration BET426 and the other JET712. Also an Austin 3way van model very fast Tom Delaney used this permanent on the Worksop run a very popular van at the time,many many large baker companies like Jacksons at that time used them to deliver to shops. The storage for all types of furniture were held across the road in an old building in New Zealand Yard. We delivered goods to the stores then pick up usually a van load of orders and deliver to houses in quite a large area. Actually after my national service I did chemical engineering training but my 1st wife worked in Pecks offices. Now retired in Larnaca 15 years.

Ah,yes I've remembered the othe named driver, Cyril Turner lived on Harper street, Tom Delaney Kimberworth and actually John Peck and Tom were great friends they fought together in ww2, John Greaves Hellaby, Alan Bennett Rawmarsh, me old Kimberworth, memory still good @85 body now ???🤔🤔. William Peck and his wife used to race each other to the house they owned on the east coast which got devastated in the floods 50s. John Peck used to try to race but the Lagonda supposed sports car couldn't keep up. In both families there was never the "I'm better than you attitude" always pleasant and generous. Oh Harold Walker was the transport manager, no swearing in his hearing presence or a telling off, he heard me once after a scolding he said just say "oh hell". William Peck used to swear like an old trooper and had cigs made that soon went out as he used to put them down anywhere and forget.