17 peope beheaded for listening to music and dancing.

Which people?

The ones who have been to training camps or the ones that blow buses up in London etc etc.

The ones who have been to training camps or the ones that blow buses up in London etc etc.

The London ones are all dead and if you know anything about training camps you ought to be talking to the police.

This is precisely why I think our troops in Afghanistan are on a fools errand. Yes they have to go where our political masters tell them. But history has proved many times that Afghanistan is a bit of a lost cause, and nothing much will change when our soldiers are finally pulled out of there. The place will just go back to being whatever it was before we went there.

I have no idea how it could be changed. It has to come from within the indiginious people. If they are perfectly happy or too afraid of the taliban, then they only have themselves to blame. Only 'they' can change things.

Nuke the **** hole.

No one would miss it.

Its clearly disgusting but I do agree that any change has to come from the people of the country. If they are not prepared to stand up for themselves after we leave then really whatever we do will change nothing. It will just go back to how it was.

Nuke the **** hole.

No one would miss it.

Umm...That's probably not the cleverest idea I've heard. There are 'some' actually quite decent people living there, who are not fanatical 'nutters'. But unfortunately, the 'nutter' element seem to frighted and dominate the more meek elements of the community who just want to go about their everyday business.

If it was " Foreigner " I'm not surprised.

Sorry, don't quite get what you mean, can you clarify please?

I think he meant if the music they were listening to was from the group "Foreigner"...

Welcome to the religion of misery.

Humans can be charitable and kind, and sometimes religion can motivate these characteristics.

But humans can also be petty and jealous, there's comparative happiness, and sometimes religion can motivate these characteristics.

This is what happens when people restrict themselves from natural enjoyments. Food, sex, music, dancing etc. When their religion becomes a religion of misery. They see other people enjoying themselves and it makes them unhappy and jealous, if they stop them from enjoying themselves, preferably to the point of being less happy than themselves, it makes them happy.

:(

No point in honestly stating an opinion on this subject, since it will only be reported as "racist" and my post removed. Some members of this forum are very trigger happy with the report button when anything critical of Islam or that part of the world is written on here.

The Taliban is as much part of mainstream Islam as the Ku Klux Klan is part of mainstream Christianity. That is to say they are a bunch of utter nutters. I've got no problem with "normal" Muslims, it's just the lunatics on the fringes that give them all a bad name sadly.

The Taliban is as much part of mainstream Islam as the Ku Klux Klan is part of mainstream Christianity. That is to say they are a bunch of utter nutters. I've got no problem with "normal" Muslims, it's just the lunatics on the fringes that give them all a bad name sadly.

If it's only a fringe element how come almost the whole middle east and south Asia are pretty much the same?

These are the places where Islam is followed most closely, where the religion's adherant's take it most seriously. The simple fact is that popularity of Islam and how seriously it is taken is inversely proportional to human rights and civilised society.

Read this post quick people before a sensitive soul reports it as "racist" and the post removed.

If it's only a fringe element how come almost the whole middle east and south Asia are pretty much the same?

These are the places where Islam is followed most closely, where the religion's adherant's take it most seriously. The simple fact is that popularity of Islam and how seriously it is taken is inversely proportional to human rights and civilised society.

Read this post quick people before a sensitive soul reports it as "racist" and the post removed.

Have you ever travelled to these places that you mention?

You dont need to actualy visit them yourself.

We have the internet, world news and other ways of finding out who these people live.

Me though, ive visited many of them and i can tell you this.

They are dumps i wouldnt make a dog live in for the most part.

You must have visited different places to me then. However, just because it's a "dump" doesnt mean it's full of people ready to cut your head off for dancing.

Take away the Taliban and they will be replaced by .......Taliban 2. Maybe not the same name but the same ideals..........and this force will be made up by .........err Afghans, Pakistanis etc. It's human nature for some to think they are better than others and try and impose their ideals upon others.

A bit like on here for instance, with some of the previous comments.