SELLARS Family from Frecheville area of Sheffield

Hi to anyone following this posting

Please feel free to jump in with any information you might have as because of the generous gift of help on here I am a lot further on with my family tree than I thought I would ever get.

As I said before I now have the marriage certificate for Eileen Walsh and Walter Sellars and have their addresses at the time of their marriage in 1959 of Hopefield Avenue and Stone Delf. I also now have Winifreds death certificate from 1983 and find that she was living in sheltered accommodation on Ridgeway Road.

However I am still not much further with Walter Sellars junior who I am told was a teacher at Gleadless Valley School. I don't seem to have found anything more about him other than he died in Bridlington in 2001 and his wife Eileen was to survive him by another 10 years. I wish I could find out more about his teaching career.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Hi maidofhonour, Eileen and Walter lived in Dronfield (Poplar Close) in the 90's I remember them well and kept in contact when the moved to Bridlington. Eileen never mentioned any family so maybe they never had any children. I used to be in contact with a teacher of music who worked with Walter alas with time contact was lost. Both Eileen and Walter are remembered fondly.

Thanks for that Isle Hopper!

I have sent you a PM

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 07:17 ----------

Hi isle hopper - Sorry, I tried to send a PM but I don't seem to be able to???

Could you PM me your email address maybe as I would love to chat some more with you if that's ok?

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 07:29 ----------

I remember Mrs Sellars at Sheffield High (I was there 1962 -69)Her husband ,Walter ,taught at Gleadless Valley School around that time, though I can't remember what his subject was. I know this because my mother was the secretary at Gleadless Valley for some years & would often come home with tales of Walter's doings - I think he was mildly eccentric!

Hi jstarr

I was hoping too that you could get in touch with your email address as I would love to hear some of the stories about Walter junior as I believe now I have the correct Walter Sellars and that he was a teacher at Gleadless Valley.

He would have been my great cousin.

Please PM me if possible.

Many thanks

Have sent you my email address hope you receive it as I said not much good with technology, Regards Jo

Hello Jo

I am still trying to get in touch with you. I hope you see this message.

Thanks