Bank Holiday bin collection

Are the black bins been collected today, with it been bank holiday? Or will we have to wait til tomorrow or another two weeks? Thanks

Hope this helps and is not out of date:

Q. Will my bin be emptied on bank holidays?

A. A full refuse collection service is provided on Bank Holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Alternative dates will be published at the time in the local press. If your property is affected you will have a sticker affixed to your bin showing collection details over the holiday period.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/bincollections/binfaqs.html#anotherbin

Thanks. They still not been though

I live at eccelsall/hunters bar. The bins were due for collection today but they have been left. Looks like another two week wait. That will be a month without a collection. Disgusting.:rant:

It IS a Bank Holiday, who wants bin lorries rattling about when you're having a lie in? They usually make arrangements for another collection, give them a ring in the morning?

they collected ours in S10, i know that doesn't help you but it shows they were out.

It IS a Bank Holiday, who wants bin lorries rattling about when you're having a lie in? They usually make arrangements for another collection, give them a ring in the morning?

We saw the bins being collected on hutcliffwood rd today we thought it was bank holiday !!!

They came to High Storrs 11am suprised me never thought they would come on a bank holiday.

I rang the other day to enquire whether there would be a collection. They said yes. So hence me not being happy.

I rang the other day to enquire whether there would be a collection. They said yes. So hence me not being happy.
They will come out and collect, if you complain.

For 25 years our collection day has been Friday, now it's been changed to Tuesday due to the new collection schedule. They haven't changed your day, have they? They put a calendar on the lid and a label on the handle the last time on the old system.

Guest sibon
I live at eccelsall/hunters bar. The bins were due for collection today but they have been left. Looks like another two week wait. That will be a month without a collection. Disgusting.:rant:

Ring them and let them know. They will send a lorry round pretty sharpish.

I was going to say you're not being collected a day later are you due to the BH but as other posters have said they've seen the wagon out today, maybe not.

They are quite good at coming back out tho to be fair to them, mine and my neighbours blue bins were somehow omitted from the extra saturday collection last week, I phoned them on the monday & they came on tuesday morning & emptied mine. Not my neighbours tho lol!!

I feel sorry for the black bin men in the morning coming to my area, Ive got 2 weeks worth of shatty nappys courtesy of my baby festering in my bin & it honked like a sewer when i moved it to the kerb before :(:gag: