Citizen Khan on BBC1

Frankie Boyle used to be very very funny.

Then went mainstream and is now crap.

Hes just another one who uses shock to get his laughs.

When did Frankie Boyle go mainstream? Was it before or after his Krav Maga joke? That was a genuinely witty and brave joke to make IMO. I've noticed he hasn't been on TV much since.

people only start a thread when something bothers them, the people who did like it watched it, had a cup of tea with a cucumber sandwich AND GOT ON WITH THERE LIFES. jesus its a tv show ..... it if bothers you .... heres an idea "turn the channel over" ....

people only start a thread when something bothers them, the people who did like it watched it, had a cup of tea with a cucumber sandwich AND GOT ON WITH THERE LIFES. jesus its a tv show ..... it if bothers you .... heres an idea "turn the channel over" ....

If it were a commercial TV channel you'd be correct, but it is the BBC, which we all finance, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a standard beyond that of ITV, Sky etc. In the same week that the nostalgic nonsense Citizen Khan was on BBC1, Channel 4 showed Bad Sugar, a kind of bizarre dark comedy with Sharon Horgan, Julia Davis and Olivia Coleman. Citizen Khan features the woman who used to play Gita in EastEnders. You follow?

yes i do follow but its 30mins of tv you cant like everything, tv licensing finances alot of media but they cant please everyone, and if your a avid bbc user then you should simply watch another program that "your financing" you get my drift?

what were the viewing figures....it was not funny at all....one daughter who was the apple of mr khan's eyes...and the next minute she is out on the town...

it seems to have got a reaction though...wonder if it will get a second series...

yes i do follow but its 30mins of tv you cant like everything, tv licensing finances alot of media but they cant please everyone, and if your a avid bbc user then you should simply watch another program that "your financing" you get my drift?

Yeah, I tried that. Mrs Brown's Boys and In With The Flynns was more of the same nonsense. My point is that the BBC seems to have regressed, or believe we've regressed, to the point where we find this 1970s resurgence comedy appealing. I understand that it's all subjective and based on opinion and all that, but you can't expect something with Will Mellor or Gita from EastEnders in it to appeal to anyone but the lowest common denominator.

just watched it on iplayer

it was ok, nowt special, did make me chuckle now and then

Why should we all laugh at the same jokes,i don't laugh at Ricky Gervais or Frankie Boyle, does that mean i havn't got a sense of humour.

No it means you've got good taste.

If it were a commercial TV channel you'd be correct, but it is the BBC, which we all finance, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a standard beyond that of ITV, Sky etc. In the same week that the nostalgic nonsense Citizen Khan was on BBC1, Channel 4 showed Bad Sugar, a kind of bizarre dark comedy with Sharon Horgan, Julia Davis and Olivia Coleman. Citizen Khan features the woman who used to play Gita in EastEnders. You follow?

The woman who played Gita in Eastenders was in a tremendous little comedy film called Mischeif Night. Anybody who laughed at 'Rita, Sue and Bob too' will enjoy this film as well!

Edited by Mister M

Yeah, I tried that. Mrs Brown's Boys and In With The Flynns was more of the same nonsense. My point is that the BBC seems to have regressed, or believe we've regressed, to the point where we find this 1970s resurgence comedy appealing. I understand that it's all subjective and based on opinion and all that, but you can't expect something with Will Mellor or Gita from EastEnders in it to appeal to anyone but the lowest common denominator.

now not that i want to argue with anyone, i personally liked it, but i feel it would of made less of an issue if it was aired on bbc 3 as it would of had a more appropriate audience. to me the issue is not what was aired it was how it was aired, now because it went straight into the mainstream channel and our PC lifestyles it most likerly wont survive season 1

now because it went straight into the mainstream channel and our PC lifestyles

What "PC lifestyle" has it offended? It didn't say anything offensive in the slightest. We just had a brown man watering down his washing-up liquid for laughs.

Well if you read how Mr Khan came about he's not exactly a new to television character http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adil_Ray seems he was tried and tested before it was commissioned.

Interestingly the writers also wrote goodness gracious me.

I found it entertaining