Your best song NEVER to reach no 1

In the mid 90s, Pulp's 'Common People' deprived of the number one slot by Robson Green and Jerome Flynn's pedestrian reworking of the mid 50s classic 'Unchained Melody' (earlier versions by the Platters, Gene Vincent, the Righteous Brothers).

I thought it was Jimmy Young who topped with UC-Platters did Smoke Gets i your Ears,and Rb did You lost that lovin feeln.

Platters did Smoke Gets i your Ears,and Rb did You lost that lovin feeln.

You got all the letters jumbled up again.

Not really; they weren't very good.

Now I know you know nothing about music..The Who one of the best Rock bands ever Halibuts reply "they weren't very good".I bet your playlists are a sight to see

Alright Now-Free the ultimate rock single and in my opinion the best single ever, only reached no 2. Considering the average age of the bannd was 17 the power of the record is something else,most of the established "rock bands" of the present day could only dream of reaching that level.

I would probably choose Hotel California by the Eagles.

Also two allready mentioned...Allright now, and Baker Street.

They're are loads of great classics that didn't reach No1.

Now I know you know nothing about music..The Who one of the best Rock bands ever Halibuts reply "they weren't very good".I bet your playlists are a sight to see

Well Glamrocker the Who were BRILLIANT, any series of CSI will show you that; as they open with music from the Who :)

Considering how popular Pink Floyd are/were most people are surprised to find that the only UK number one single they ever had was "Another Brick in the Wall". I can think of a few from Dark Side/Wish you were Here that (in my personal opinion) must have been better that whatever else was hitting the charts around that period.

My Generation by The Who only ever made it to number 2.

And there's always been a (conspiracy?) theory that the charts were fixed to stop "God Save the Queen" by the Sex Pistols from reaching the No1 slot.

Oh Vienna.

and why Joe Dolce...

Yes I was going to vote "Ah Vienna" by Ultravox, too.

Yeah

Country Joe and the Fish

Marillion featuring Fish on Vocals

Poisson Ivy

and

Drum and Bass

I would probably choose Hotel California by the Eagles.

Also two allready mentioned...Allright now, and Baker Street.

They're are loads of great classics that didn't reach No1.

NNNNNOOOOO-do not mention HC by the Beagles!Horrible pastiche.