What's Ulley reservoir like these days?

Has anybody fished Ulley res lately, and is it fishing well, thanks.

Rubbish been twice recently couple of skimmers each time

Rubbish been twice recently couple of skimmers each time

Thanks, I went some years ago and had a simlar result, I don't think I'll bother, I just fancied a change. Heard some good stuff about the rother at beighton, decent barble, I'm going to give that a try, but thankyou for heads up.

Its over priced and has no access for cars . Nobody is bothered if anybody goes or not . You can go to a lot better venues for a lot less money and have car at back of you like Treeton Dyke. Rotherham council is not bothered if any one goes or not same as Rother valley . This one could be a drayton with right people in charge. What a shower would like to know how many season they sold at both venues last year . My guess is none they should be holding matches at both venues each week makeing loads of money are they bothered no.

It's a shame used to fish here years ago, it was a brilliant Roach venue with hemp & tares.

is there still any pike in there??

its a shame really, remember having a match on here about 10 years ago and bloke won it with a big bag of bream on bottle neck end, think the floods killed this off!!

its a shame really, remember having a match on here about 10 years ago and bloke won it with a big bag of bream on bottle neck end, think the floods killed this off!!

Yes there is plenty pike . Some bream as well trouble with place bad acces .to expensive and pegs overgrown with nettles .No matches anymore the steel city sat matches run by dave pearson no longer take place. He asked for a meeting to organize some but nobody could be bothered to see him

I think your right about the floods, plenty of fish could have been lost, and as for Pike, I've heard there's loads and massive, probably to many and devouring the fish what are left. I think it could do with a load of lads going spinning and getting them out so the balance gets right again. not too sure if my comments are right, but this could be a great venue if the probs could be sorted. that's if I'm right about the Pike ect.

think am going to have a go for the pike this winter!! as for the cullingof pike i think some research would need to be done first before people start doing this!!

I think your right about the floods, plenty of fish could have been lost, and as for Pike, I've heard there's loads and massive, probably to many and devouring the fish what are left. I think it could do with a load of lads going spinning and getting them out so the balance gets right again. not too sure if my comments are right, but this could be a great venue if the probs could be sorted. that's if I'm right about the Pike ect.

HI There are plenty of pike in but they are not the problem .Its always had loads of pike when we had matches they were part of the fun. Still had roach perch bream . No more pike in now than there were then. Management is the trouble nobody bothered. Hully is a vast water 30 ft deep so you are never going to catch fish like aston ponds so its for proper anglers. Management want as much for fishing hully as aston ponds were you can get car behind you. Its to expensive for what it is thats why nobody goes.

HI There are plenty of pike in but they are not the problem .Its always had loads of pike when we had matches they were part of the fun. Still had roach perch bream . No more pike in now than there were then. Management is the trouble nobody bothered. Hully is a vast water 30 ft deep so you are never going to catch fish like aston ponds so its for proper anglers. Management want as much for fishing hully as aston ponds were you can get car behind you. Its to expensive for what it is thats why nobody goes.

Cheers for the correct info, I thought it was summat to do with what I mentioned in previous post, so it's down to bad Management, they probably care more about sailing ect, what a shame, with a bit more effort it could be a brilliant venue if run correctly. :thumbsup:

I have noticed on a few posts that 'Too expensive' has been referred to ! Ulley at present is free because the ticket machine is broke and the management cant be arsed to walk around collecting the money. Even if the ticket machine is working, it is still only a few quid to fish, so hardly expensive. It can be hard work at Ulley but that goes for every 'wild' water that you fish. My mates son fishes Ulley on a regular basis as it is local to him and he has only 'blanked' once this year ;)