Kid Acne Graffiti

I used to work for the Sheffield Council in the 80's as a 'Cleansing Operative' (road sweeper), occasionally we were put on 'graffitti cleaning duty'.Armed with a barrell of toxic solvent, gauntlets and a face mask we often found ourselves in awe of the breathtaking examples of spontaneous creativity and imagination we encountered week after week in the subways of Sheffield!

Edited by beefface

I used to work for the Sheffield Council in the 80's as a 'Cleansing Operative' (road sweeper), occasionally we were put on 'graffitti cleaning duty'.Armed with a barrell of toxic solvent, gauntlets and a face mask we often found ourselves in awe of the breath taking examples of spontaneous creativity and imagination we encountered week after week in the subways of Sheffield!

:hihi::hihi:hallucianegenic mindless scrawl i think you meant? i bet the stench of stale pee totally enhanced the artistic atmosphere! a thankless job but thanks for doing it

really?

Sheffields ALWAYS had a large graffiti population, back in the 80s there was tons of crews all over the city

surely you mean a "vandal" population? ...and when you say "crews"?? you really mean mindless, jobless layabouts with nothing better to do? making this city look a total eyesore? aww thanks

Thanks for the input everyone.

The one on Sydney Street was on the front of an abandoned building. Which has been removed as the building is being demolished (or bought).

Sorry! Havent been down Sydney Street in a few months, so wasnt aware the work had been destroyed :(

May want to contact this guy:

http://sheffieldstreetart.tumblr.com/

He seems to be archiving a lot of the street art around town and might be able to help you with your search.

surely you mean a "vandal" population? ...and when you say "crews"?? you really mean mindless, jobless layabouts with nothing better to do? making this city look a total eyesore? aww thanks

You're talking about the SCC aren't you?

No no, they're 'artists' didn't you know the city looks much better with people's signatures scrawled all over buildings.

You're not an artist just because you own a can of spray paint in the same way you're not a musician just because you own a recorder. Don't just assume that because you and your mates think you're a wicked 'tagger' that the educated population of the cit agree.

No no, they're 'artists' didn't you know the city looks much better with people's signatures scrawled all over buildings.

You're not an artist just because you own a can of spray paint in the same way you're not a musician just because you own a recorder. Don't just assume that because you and your mates think you're a wicked 'tagger' that the educated population of the cit agree.

What has this got to do with the thread? This thread has got nothing at all to do with signatures or "tags".

Have you checked out kid acne's blog site? Has lots of his stuff

http://www.kidacne.com/blog/

I have done thanks, but he doesn't reveal the locations. Which is understandable.

I've discovered one at the construction site of the Park Hill flats. Although it is fenced off and there appears no way of getting close to it without entering the site. :(