Kid Acne Graffiti

Theres one on the side of The House Skatepark just off Neepsend Lane that says 'Never You Mind'.

not comparing styles just the way he placed them that was the "original" bit and now others are jumping on the back of what he did.....and pretty poor examples too

the way he placed them? Like on buildings? Walls? Im afraid he didnt invent any of that. Le rat was doing it years before banksy.

Look it up. Its all there for you to explore. Should you wish to inform yourself that is. I take from your posts that anything painted on a wall that you like is art. And anything you dislike is vandalism. Each to their own. Apologies to the op for the thread turning into another graffiti thread. I hope you find What you are looking for. :-)

Nothing better to do than make inane comments on something you patently know nothing about?

HOOK line and :rolleyes::hihi:

Anyone who attempts to justify graffitti as something worthy or legitimate must ask themselves this simle question; How would they feel if they woke up to find that some 'renegade artist' had expressed themselves all over the front of their house?

Edited by beefface

The one at Yorkshire Artspace says 'you'll thank me one day'. Did he also do the image on London road next to Sainsburys? It looked good but has had some posters put over it.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've seen the one near the Shakespeare pub this afternoon. Thanks for the location.

The one on Paternoster Row and near the Skatepark I am aware of. But thanks for the suggestions all the same. I'm not aware of the one near Sainsbury's so I will check that one out.

FYI, I'm not tagging for myself. I am photographing these pieces as a way to keep my motivation going for photography and as a little side project.

Please don't turn this thread into a "Is it vandalism or art?" debate. If you want to debate that issue I'm sure there have been other threads you can resurrect.

My view is that (specifically with the ones I'm photographing) it is something which we can relate to. (In terms of typical Yorkshire sayings) and the locations aren't a hindrance. For example, the one opposite the Fire Station was on the side of Construction Boards (which have been taken down since)

The one on Sydney Street was on the front of an abandoned building. Which has been removed as the building is being demolished (or bought).

The one at the side of the Skate Park was commissioned by the Park as they have also had the front of the building down by another local artist. I imagine this was the same for the one on Paternoster R

Pete McKee had some of his work on show at The Gallery, Sharrowvale road

He's clearly got talent. Graffiti art looks great in certain places but where it's strewn randomly around a city with varying degrees of quality and not at the request of the people who have to live there then it can become a mess. The act of simply spraying a wall without permission apparently makes you an 'artist' in some people's eyes though, and those who disagree with such acts of vandalism are simply seen as uncultured and against 'art'.

I don't think Sheffield really has that much of a problem with 'tagging' though and it's dealt with quickly by the authorities. You should see Greece. Mindless tagging has pretty much ruined the aesthetics of their most historical cities. Sad.

I don't think Sheffield really has that much of a problem with 'tagging' though and it's dealt with quickly by the authorities. You should see Greece. Mindless tagging has pretty much ruined the aesthetics of their most historical cities. Sad.

really?

Sheffields ALWAYS had a large graffiti population, back in the 80s there was tons of crews all over the city

really?

Sheffields ALWAYS had a large graffiti population, back in the 80s there was tons of crews all over the city

It's nothing compared to other European cities

It's nothing compared to other European cities

not seen the train tracks around sheff?

its absolutely covered lol