German Speaking People in Sheffield / Rotherham ?

Hi everybody and german speakers,

my name is Daniel, 30 years old, and i have just moved from germany to Rotherham because of my new job there. But it is quite difficult for me as a "foreigner" to make new contacts and friends there... That was the main reason why i have registered myself in this community.

I would like to meet some new people in the same age like me for going out on weekend for example to pub, club, cinema, bowling and so on in Rotherham / Sheffield area. Furthermore it would be a good thing, if somebody is interested in to speak in german language. Maybe there is also the possibility to create a german language group for regularly meetings...

I am looking forward to hear from interested members.

Greets Daniel

Hey!

I know a couple of Germans at the University of Sheffield. Perhaps you should join their German society; all Uni' societies are open to non-students and the union societies staff are always helpful when you inquire. :)

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

thanks for your helpful advice. I had a look on internet and found their own website combined with the facebook profile. That seems to be an good idea to get in contact with this german language group of sheffield university.

Greets Daniel

Hi Daniel,

are you still interested in meeting German speakers? I spent some time in Germany and can speak German but need to practice so I don't forget it all!

Emma

Hi there, I see this is really really old, but did you manage to find anyone to share some German conversation with? I'm also looking for people though I'm only learning the language. :-)

Ta

Jen

Hi Jen,

Are you still looking for someone to practise your German on? I am originally from Germany but have lived in Sheffield/Chesterfield for over 6 years now. I don't get to speak German as often as I'd like to anymore so it would probably help us both. Just get in touch if you are still interested. P.S. Should probably mention that I am 30 and a female...just in case that matters :)

I have a German speaking friend. She's English but works as a translator. She works freelance so am sure she'd be interested in expanding her circle of friends/contacts. So if this goes anywhere do please give me a shout and I'll mention it to her.

Hi, I live in Rotherham and would really like to meet some other German speakers again. I feel like my German is actually getting a bit rusty, I've been in England for so long... Feel free to message me if you are interested.