How Did You Cope With School Bullies??

Did Wightman teach history? I was in form 2(3) in 1956 and I think he took us for that subject. Not a teacher you forget in a hurry.
Yes, the late Dr Wilfred Eric Wightman taught history. Probably the reason why I got a Grade 8 at 'O' level, then followed this up with a 9..:P

I just used to hit them on the fist with my face, they soon stopped.:gag:

Felt for you, but did you get that sentence the right way round?

Bullying is dysfunctional and negative behaviour based on fear, hopefully they will eventually realise this and for their own peace of mind try to lead a positive way of life. All of us suffer from fear, it's the origin of inappropriate anger. Likewise the bullied will also, hopefully, realise and take some comfort from this knowing they have a head start over the bully and move on.

That's what forgiveness is, the act of moving on, going forward, eventually fear will fade away if you keep moving on, a nice place to be!

Simple drop em one good swoop under chin works well and a secondary kick in the nuts sorry folks but I don't do bullies anywhere

I just used to hit them on the fist with my face, they soon stopped.:gag:

you've obviously trained at the same martial arts school as me herbie,I used to find headbutting their boots or knee caps caught them off guard and always made them give in.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When it snowed I invited them to a snowball fight, totally forgeting to tell them I had several lined up ready, some with half bricks in them. Funny they never bothered me after that ( I thought they would kill me, but they just kept their distance).

Saw the ringleader several years later and they were all over me like a rash, they had obviously matured by then.

Having an eye defect,I found that I was the brunt of many a sight related comment I was in my second year at comprehensive where the abuse started to incease,especially from a large chap who was trying to get in with the "in crowd" of bullies At the time my footware was practical and not fashionable.Thick soles and rounded at the front.The way home was by bus( the sort where you got on at the back in the 60`s)I was upstairs and waited till his head was level with the upstairs floor and he got it.Funny how my reputation went from zero to hero in that moment,the word then was not to mess with me as I had injured a bully older and larger than me.Life after that was sweet.My reputation meant at times I was able to stop others being bullied.

After leaving school I went into engineering as an apprentice. The training college where I was at had apprentices there from Ossett .Two of them were real nutters but I tried getting on with them as like did a lot of others.I was informed one afternoon that I was to be beaten up by one when going home .A few days later his colleage did exactly the same .

The result was both looked like they had been hit with a car.

I have never agreed with any form of violence even to this day,likewise with bullying.But sometimes it is a necessity I am afraid.

Having an eye defect,I found that I was the brunt of many a sight related comment I was in my second year at comprehensive where the abuse started to incease,especially from a large chap who was trying to get in with the "in crowd" of bullies At the time my footware was practical and not fashionable.Thick soles and rounded at the front.The way home was by bus( the sort where you got on at the back in the 60`s)I was upstairs and waited till his head was level with the upstairs floor and he got it.Funny how my reputation went from zero to hero in that moment,the word then was not to mess with me as I had injured a bully older and larger than me.Life after that was sweet.My reputation meant at times I was able to stop others being bullied.

After leaving school I went into engineering as an apprentice. The training college where I was at had apprentices there from Ossett .Two of them were real nutters but I tried getting on with them as like did a lot of others.I was informed one afternoon that I was to be beaten up by one when going home .A few days later his colleage did exactly the same .

The result was both looked like they had been hit with a car.

I have never agreed with any form of violence even to this day,likewise with bullying.But sometimes it is a necessity I am afraid.

hiya the bullies i met at school were in my class, thinking about it many years later it dawned on me the ones who weren't bullied all had older brothers, me i was an only child.

you've obviously trained at the same martial arts school as me herbie,I used to find headbutting their boots or knee caps caught them off guard and always made them give in.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I used to prefer attacking the kneecap with my nuts. they left me alone after that:cool:

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 20:31 ----------

There was a movie about 10 or 12 years ago, made for TV in England called Walking on the Moon, which was all about school bullying in the UK. It featured 2 Radiohead songs in exactly the right spots. It was an excellent, although disturbing film. Wonder if any of you guys saw it, if not, you should.

Edited by TORONTONY

I used to prefer attacking the kneecap with my nuts. they left me alone after that:cool:

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 20:31 ----------

There was a movie about 10 or 12 years ago, made for TV in England called Walking on the Moon, which was all about school bullying in the UK. It featured 2 Radiohead songs in exactly the right spots. It was an excellent, although disturbing film. Wonder if any of you guys saw it, if not, you should.

I was 14 and popular. Then they brought in two reprobates from the "special" school, the one was called stinker for obvious reasons, but the other Arthur Marshall (Heeley Bank - if his family are here ok) was a real hard case. He didn't give a s''''t and abused everybody, including the teachers.

No brainer, I took him on in the school yard, what could I lose?

Well the fight lasted two punches and I think I got both of them.

I went down, and all the kids, including the girls, came over to minister to me Even a couple of teachers who had watched the whole thing from a distance.

Bottom line they elected me Head Boy (1954) Arthur and I had a stand off, and the girls thought I was a hero, the cat's meow!

No problem taking Peggy to the pictures after that! (see Film Fun)

You can lose, and win!

Edited by trastrick

I was smallest kid in class so often got picked on , untill i made friends with biggest kid in class . Me 4ft11in ken Goddard was nearly 6ft tall nobody bothered me after this .Parkside rd school.great days.

I always hit them back. I found out if they knew that if they hurt you then it was also painful for themselves after a while a message went out that it was useless to try and bully you.