Lance Armstrong drops fight against doping charges.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2243865/EPO-Banned-sports-drug-linked-Lance-Armstrong-NOT-improve-performance-experts-warn.html

The more I think about it the more I think the criticism of Lance may be over the top sure he was drugging but in a sport where at the time it was accepted as the norm and part of what was required to win and you still have to train incredibly hard to achieve what he did and you can't take away his work for cancer awareness.

he's no angel but has certainly achieved more than most of his critics in his lifetime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2243865/EPO-Banned-sports-drug-linked-Lance-Armstrong-NOT-improve-performance-experts-warn.html

The more I think about it the more I think the criticism of Lance may be over the top sure he was drugging but in a sport where at the time it was accepted as the norm and part of what was required to win and you still have to train incredibly hard to achieve what he did and you can't take away his work for cancer awareness.

he's no angel but has certainly achieved more than most of his critics in his lifetime.

Yes but it was all achieved through cheating on a epic scale. Of course back then doping was rife and some will justify his doping by saying "well everyone else was doped" But the thing is LA built up a multi million $ fortune all based on a lie. The lie been cancer survivor to multiple clean TDF winner. Yes he survived cancer but would he have won 7 TDF's as a 100% clean rider.

Is it acceptable to raise millions of $ for your charity even if the whole back story you're useing to raise all this money is a lie.

There is now evidence to suggest that EPO has no effect in improvong performance anyhow....So has Lance sacrifised (sp) all his tdf wins, when in fact he could have probably won them with out resorting to drug use.

Also if it's definately proven that EPO isn't a performing enhancing drug at all, will they (wadda) then have to re-evaluate all the evidence that has been given to them in the persuit of Lance Armstrong.!

jt

There is now evidence to suggest that EPO has no effect in improvong performance anyhow....So has Lance sacrifised (sp) all his tdf wins, when in fact he could have probably won them with out resorting to drug use.

Also if it's definately proven that EPO isn't a performing enhancing drug at all, will they (wadda) then have to re-evaluate all the evidence that has been given to them in the persuit of Lance Armstrong.!

jt

Yes but if I'm reading reports correctly the tests where not done on elite athletes.

I'm sure you could juice me up on EPO and they could easily be no improvement in my performance on my bike.

Test EPO on elite pro athletes and the test results could be totally different.

Iam gutted,bought this guys book,loved watching him in the tour de france,now he's just a CHEAT:mad::mad:

Iam gutted,bought this guys book,loved watching him in the tour de france,now he's just a CHEAT:mad::mad:

Still it's all hear say, never failed a drugs test.! Even if he did take drugs, and most did, it's been one hell of a whitch hunt imo.!

jt

Off thread but a great film for biking fans

Over 3000 miles and unlike the tour the clock never stops

One of the riders does 28,000 miles a year training!

Its never had a positive drug test either!

http://bicycledreamsmovie.com/

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 20:46 ----------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2257531/Lance-Armstrong-ready-admit-hes-drug-cheat.html

According to the article he is ready to admit taking drugs...so he can take part in triathlons!

Edited by Fudbeer

Doing an Oprah Winfrey interview to confess - it's sickening that this scumbag will make more millions from his confession book.

sadly when you think about it there are so many new ways for him to make more money now,tv interviews,exclusive newspaper deals,books,films the list goes on.

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 12:28 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20946301

Nicole makes some good points,I wish her well.

Doing an Oprah Winfrey interview to confess - it's sickening that this scumbag will make more millions from his confession book.

He may need to earn those millions, there is talk of sponsors tournaments wanting their money back.

The interview was pre-recorded so it has been reported that he's confessed to his crimes; but he's not telling us anything that we don't already know. Which leads us to the big question, how did he get away with it for so long?

Which leads us to the big question, how did he get away with it for so long?

I think we should call this the "Saville Conundrum"

How did they get away with it for so long?

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 19:30 ----------

This thread is an interesting read if you read it from the start