Lowedges rd school 56till mid 60s

I went to the then Bradway County school from 63 to 68. I was in Miss Hopkinson's class then Miss Read and finally Mr Brown.

I too lived behind the shops on Atlantic Road.

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 09:24 ----------

I knew Lisa and Avril Ball very well, Avril was in my class.

So did I, in the L-shaped block at number 217

I went to Lowedges school about 1957 Mrs Reed was head I think and infants was mr bash forth he was lovely  

191 Atlantic road. Lived there from birth (1957) until I was 10 yrs old.

Looking back, many fond memories. The Oxleys (Sharon), Clarksons, Tony crapper, ian emes not forgetting the Wards down below (Dianne, Christine, Anne, and I remember their dad, Ron. I think I have the right names,.Memories have a tendancy to play tricks. Wonderful days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kezart said:

Looking back, many fond memories. The Oxleys (Sharon), Clarksons, Tony crapper, ian emes not forgetting the Wards down below (Dianne, Christine, Anne, and I remember their dad, Ron. I think I have the right names,.Memories have a tendancy to play tricks. Wonderful days.

I know all these names ... Harry Oxley used to help me repair my car. I often wonder what became of these people?

On 19/05/2022 at 01:59, Kezart said:

Do you remember Steven (lived next door to the Wards), John Hallam, Gary, Avril Mole, the Wright brothers, Needhams they had a daughter called Carole. I lived on the groundfloor in the corner at 217?

I was there 1965/6 to 1970.  I have some recollections, some good, some bad.

I didn't, but I clicked on this thread because my grandparents used to teach at Lowedges. Mr & Mrs Strange, as I believe @sedith mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Edited by southyorksres

On 30/07/2022 at 12:55, southyorksres said:

I didn't, but I clicked on this thread because my grandparents used to teach at Lowedges. Mr & Mrs Strange, as I believe @sedith mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Mr Strange was my teacher 1965/66. Helped me pass my 11+.

Did he live on Hemper Lane? I don't remember his wife teaching there.