Lowedges rd school 56till mid 60s

I went there from 1958 until 63. In those days it was called Bradway County School which encompassed the infants and junior schools. The headmistress of the infants was Miss Vick and the Juniors, Miss Clarke. I was in Miss Daniels, Miss White Mr Strange, Pop Mental's classes before moving on to Jordanthorpe Secondary Modern at the Greenhill Village annexe.

I lived in the L shaped maisonettes at the back of the bus terminus.

i went there from 1956 to 1961 cant remember any of the teachers names then i went to jordanthorpe girls school i use to live on lowedges road near micheal church till 1969 when i moved to woodseats

I went to Jordanthorpe Boys School and I left around 69 ish, just before it went Comprehensive.

I moved away in 76 and lived in the south of England until 1984.

Remind me, was the Michael Church down near the Magpie shops or was it the one up on the Lowedges bypass?

micheal church was just before shops and magpie was after shops but its not there anymore its shops

micheal church was just before shops and magpie was after shops but its not there anymore its shops

I know it! I used to go to the youth club there before the purpose built club was which was near the main Lowedges park entrance.

I went there from 1957 , can remember a horrible maths teacher who would scream if you got it wrong and scream if you asked for help, I hated him with a passion . I also went to the Annexe in Greenhill Village , no happy memories from there either, just of it being freezing cold in winter !

I went there from 1957 , can remember a horrible maths teacher who would scream if you got it wrong and scream if you asked for help, I hated him with a passion . I also went to the Annexe in Greenhill Village , no happy memories from there either, just of it being freezing cold in winter !

I remember the annexe being really cold and the walk up to Greenhill School for dinner! Most of us hid behind the church until the dinner crowd had gone and went to Dixons Chip Shop.

I went there 1960-1966, was in classes with Denise Mortonn. Alan beans, kenny compton to mention just a few. Were good days. Remember that long walk from Lupton Rd along Lowedges Rd come rain or snow. Who rembers Miss White and old POP mental?

I went to Lowedges School can remember Mrs Reed, Mrs. Blackshaw Miss Vick and Mrs Duckenfield in the Infants and Miss White Mrs Daniels Mr Roberts Mr Haigh and Old Pop Mental can't remember his real name and there was a teacher in the annexe think she was called Miss Haywood or something similar just remember never wanted to be in her class cos she was really scarey

my girls went there in about 1963/4 Avril, Lise, Debbie and later Hayley Ball anyone know them they also went to Gresley Rd youth club when Joan Beardow worked there

I went to the then Bradway County school from 63 to 68. I was in Miss Hopkinson's class then Miss Read and finally Mr Brown.

I too lived behind the shops on Atlantic Road.

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 09:24 ----------

I knew Lisa and Avril Ball very well, Avril was in my class.