Best things to do in Sheffield as a foreigner

Where were you originally?

I wish I could stay much longer in Sheffield. It's a nice place with friendly people around.

ova teh borda int darbyshire :D

It was a massive culture shock moving to the big city from my sheltered little life but i think i have fitted in with the local loons quite nicely :hihi:

ova teh borda int darbyshire :D

It was a massive culture shock moving to the big city from my sheltered little life but i think i have fitted in with the local loons quite nicely :hihi:

I think I know where it is. Went Surprise View last weekend and have seen sign of it.

Really wanted to test the culture of Sheffield.

All i can suggest is Hendersons Relish :hihi:

The locals have it with EVERYTHING !

It make me feel like a must to try Henderson's relish sauce. Will go and buy one tml.

Jake, I live somewhere near the West Street and Devonshire green.

As its the town centre - there are not many small cafes round there - but Bungalows & Bears (bar) on division street does a good fried breakfast

I know where it is... Will get it a try soon. is like so close to my place. :)

Not to go out on a **** up weekend on West Street. Or you will be racially abused. They don't care if you speak english or not. Go to London Road and hang around there you will be safe!!!! Welcome to Sheffield.

Edited by hypester
not complete

Try Wetherspoons at the bottom of Eccy Road for a good fry up. Another thing to try are the cakes in rhe park cafes - either Endcliffe, Millhouses or hillsborough

Fagins on broad lane do a very good full english breakfast . with black pudding which is type of sliced blood sausage (be warned it is pigs blood though), pubs these days serve tea and coffee.

Try a pie at the broadfield pub on abbeydale road.

the ohkey cafe on abbeydale road is great 60s style english cafe run by mods (into dressing smart, dancing, scooters and tamla soul ect) very good breakfast and good burgers.

Shapplas just off the moor or zaras in crooks for curry IMO.

Check out the kelham island industrial muesum, also near by pubs ( the fat cat and kelham island tavern) are safe and good quality. the beers is worth trying if your Faith permits it.

If you have small chilrdren weston park museam is nice and by a wonderfull park.

If you have a car drive out to Monsal Head check out the via duct and railway tunnel. Stop at the pub in the village of Litton near by. large outside area with tables.

henderson relish is a little like soy sause in colour and thinkness. but its tangy and spiced. Goes well on scrambled eggs.

I'm from Malaysia and been looking for activities that I could join for experiencing the culture. Any suggestion?

Or is there any food or things that I must try in Sheffield?

There isn't much culture, try another city.

And certainly no cuisine to speak of. Plenty of fields tho but that's not strictly sheff.

I've tried Henderson relish. Quite like hw it taste. :thumbsup:

The cashier was surprise that I know abt the sauce. :bigsmile: Thanks to you all with the great info. :)

Will continue and try out other things mentioned. ^^