Where is the underground music scene in sheffield??

Does sheffield have an underground music scene like leeds or manchester??

Im so sick of going to places like plug! tuesday club is decent sometimes but it always finishes too early and it never really plays deep house or tech!

If i want a big night i have head over to leeds or manchester! Is there anywhere like MINT club that plays proper deep house and stays open till the early morning? ive heard of Fez club but there doesnt seem to be a very big scene compared to leeds where there is something on almost every night, with incredible after parties!!

Id also like to meet some new people that are into this sort of scene, so any advice where i could meet people like this would be appreciated!!

Can't think of many places that play that crap

You could take a beatbox down in megatron providing you can gain easy access.

you tried dirty little secret? they have various events on that go on til the early hours. sheffield is more about free parties, more ground level than superclubs of leeds and manchester. you just need to know where these places are i guess :)

DLS has regular house/tech-house nights/techno nights on such as Collect, Drumroll, Land and lots of others going on till morning...

http://www.facebook.com/DLS.Sheffield

there are also nights that do one off around the city.As bhunaboys says - summer is mainly free parties - but come autumn theres a lot more going on indoors - just go into any shop on division st and pick up some flyers

Cheers! Il definitely have to check it out in September!!

New club night opening in Barnsley. Deep,tech house called Deeprived. Fri 14th Sept nice folk.

Are you kidding?

Sheffield is on fire at the moment and getting better all the time.

I manage the DLS venue in Shalesmoor.

Nights like Collect!/Drumroll/Cargo etc play here as well as Fez Club and Dan Sane.

The season is kind of closed until late Sep but then comes back with 6th Borough Projects Craig Smith at DLS on Sep 29th, DJ Wild + Huxley at Debug, Shed at Drumroll 1st Friday in Oct at Fez, Onur Ozer at Collect! on 13th at DLS, Prosumer at Cargo 3rd Sat at Fez.

I'm about to post the Collect! one on here as it's my night. Always a sell out, one of the best crowds and venues in the north.

These are all world class DJs and without the spray tan bull you get in Leeds.

Take a look around!! It's all there mate!

Yer I've actually just had a rummage round some of the up coming events and they look absolutely bangin!!! Gna save me a lot of money not havin to go to Leeds!

What would be the best way to apply for some bar work at some of these venues??

I can only speak for DLS on the bar work.

I do have quite a few staff working on an ad-hoc basis.

If you wanted to send something over for me to peruse send it to [email protected]

We are only open for these events and not all the time.

Fez may need staff I'm not sure but I think Dan Sane work in a similar way to us so may not have that much going.

Other than that, get yourself to Collect!.

Onur Ozer kicks arse.

Would love to apply for bar work, best club ever. Have a job, so as and when would suit.

Yer I've actually just had a rummage round some of the up coming events and they look absolutely bangin!!! Gna save me a lot of money not havin to go to Leeds!

What would be the best way to apply for some bar work at some of these venues??

look to be recruiting here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/400920779972426/

if anyone knows of anything good on next weekend 1st sept i'd love to hear about it - sheff has some good things on lately but seem to be few and far between, then again i'm a bit out of the loop these days :(