Anyone play football for Club 62

Ashberry played originally on field opposite Brunswick pub and were members of the Hatchard league progressing onto County Semior

I knew a lad, Geoff Young who played for Club 62. Around 1969 he went to live in Torquay.

Somebody told me he was harbourmaster there.

Somebody told me he was harbourmaster there.

Yes Jim, I know that when Geoff- a drinking friend of mine- moved there in the late '60s he worked in one of Torquay's 'smarter' hotels. Supposed to be a summer only job but did so well they kept him on and even becoming a manager at one or others later. As he never relocated to Sheffield, not sure what happened after the Hostelries trade. Not bad going for a lad who had no previous experience in that business !

Edited by stpetre
Add

I played for Handsworth rovers in the amateur league also played for Norfolk then the turf can you remember handsworth rovers

Yes Jim, I know that when Geoff- a drinking friend of mine- moved there in the late '60s he worked in one of Torquay's 'smarter' hotels. Supposed to be a summer only job but did so well they kept him on and even becoming a manager at one or others later. As he never relocated to Sheffield, not sure what happened after the Hostelries trade. Not bad going for a lad who had no previous experience in that business !

I worked the season there in 1971. Youngy used to disappear into the undergrowth at Beacon Cove and a couple of minutes later come flying out at the top and into the sea. Not quite Elvis at Acapulco but impressive nonetheless. :)

Jim hardie you don't know handsworth in Sheffield do you the Norfolk I meant is a public house or pub or the Norfolk hotel have you not read the other threads

Edited by alba

Jim hardie you don't know handsworth in Sheffield do you the Norfolk I meant is a public house or pub or the Norfolk hotel have you not read the other threads

Sorry mate, you've lost me there. Where do I mention the Norfolk?

What's that got to do with football

Yes! I played with Geoff Young for Club'62.

Bill Bingham

Are you related to Eric Bingham who I think lived on Willow Drive?

I played for Handsworth rovers in the amateur league also played for Norfolk then the turf can you remember handsworth rovers

Remember having Sunday afternoon kick abouts on Handsworth rec with the lads when I was in early teens and pre sunday leagues ie early 60s. Remember the Shutts , Tiger, Dave Lakin, Bob Batty, Ron Vickers etc.

Pete Fisher

Remember having Sunday afternoon kick abouts on Handsworth rec with the lads when I was in early teens and pre sunday leagues ie early 60s. Remember the Shutts , Tiger, Dave Lakin, Bob Batty, Ron Vickers etc.

Pete Fisher

Would one of them be Carl Shutt, a Handsworth lad I think. Who played for Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United -both times under Howard Wilkinson- and Birmingham City ?

Not Carl but his older brothers, Gud, Woody and Dave.

I remember playing in same team as Youngish at Club 62 . Who is St Petre and Alba?