Anyone play football for Club 62

Anyone play football for Club 62 based at Woodhouse Mill

Hi Slotter 47, (you again!!!)

No. But I did play for a 'crack' team called CITY JUNIORS in 1966 or so and WE played at Woodhouse Mill. We played in a (Sheffield & Hallamshire) registered league. Under 16's, I think. Trying to remember who the players were. There was Paul Brady. His dad ran (managed) the team and was the person who dreamt up our rather splendid name. Considering we were all off Ballifield, "City Juniors" seemed a bit daft, but never mind. Then there was Kevin Ramsden, Bob Mannifield, Ian Gifford, some lad with white hair and them I'm really struggling.

Got my one and only career yellow card playing for CITY JUNIORS for gobbing off at the ref (blind) once too often. He was ok really though and didn't report me to the FA.

Given your propensity, Slotter 47, for numbers in titles, I guess that Club 62 was, actually formed in.... 1962!

Anyone play football for Club 62 based at Woodhouse Mill

Yes Slotter47, I played left back for 4 or 5 seasons. Who else out there played?

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Slotted Pete Fisher here , happy memories playing for they first club Remember pulling crossbar on to my head during warm up once but still played!

Hi Pete,good to hear from you mate it's been a while.Sorry to hear about Susan,don't know if you heard but we lost Jagger a couple of years back.Called in to see Vets a few months back,he's still in the same house on the crescent.Would be great to have a catchup with the old gang but easier said than done.

Slotter just responded on Ballifield thread

Been with Steve Simpson this lunchtime his brother Colin played for Ashberry sadly taken far too young still one of the quickest players in junior football

Hi Slotter, I knew Colin! He lived a few doors away from my cousin Trevor Spyve. Steve was a baby when I hung around with Colin for short

while. Quite a few in difference in age! They had an older sister! I don't know Ashberry.

I knew a lad, Geoff Young who played for Club 62. Around 1969 he went to live in Torquay.

Ashberry was the football team Woodhouse Ashberry AFC

What colour shirts did they play in ? I'm thinking Claret and light blue stripes ? Perhaps totally wrong ,as I don't think they made shirts that style then until Crystal Palace had them.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Spot on with the colours,Geoff Young known as "hammer"tough tackling player,think Ashberry used to play on rec. top of beaver hill rd.