YODEL! HELP! Bad Delivery?

can anybody tell of there expiriences of yodel delivery comany i have heard nothing but bad news and found out yesturday that a parcel i have orded is coming via them .... it was scanned into manchester last night around 23:40 and then scanned into a depot in wales around 4:39..... i live in sheffield why the bleeding hell has it gone all that way~? anyone had this problem before?

thankyou

It's probably Wales in Rotherham

I think Yodel have really gone down hill over the past year, i've given it up has a bad job arranging returns with them I just pop them in the post now

I have had a couple of bad experiences with Yodel myself in the past. Mainly surrounding a message to do with "delivering to local courier" with despite paying for next day delivery has in the past made items delayed. I don't know whether anyone can clear this up for me but I believe they might drop it at a localish YODEL depot before a smaller independent courier collect it and distribute it locally?

Ive heard lots of bad things about Yodel and seen them on Watchdog but ive never actualy had a problem with them,parcels have always turned up and on time.Your parcel will got to hubs and distribution centres i know it looks like they are getting it wrong its just how the system works.

You even sometimes see 'Parcel returned by courier' or something on the tracking which causes panic, but just means its changed hands somewhere and is a bad choice of wording.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

they are absolutely useless, i had a xbox kinect delivered by them,well it was delivered over a 7ft gate. you can guess the rest.

Avoid like the plague - my parcel arrived in Sheffield on the 14th. On the 17th it was marked "Consignee on holiday". The delivery address was a school so you can guess the assumption there - no attempt at delivering. They even marked an attempted delivery on the 20th without showing up. Finally arrived on the 21st after getting the supplier to contact them, as you cannot find a number for love nor money. Rubbing salt into the wound was the next day delivery label on the parcel. They do not reply to your emails via their website. The 'net is awash with compaints about them - it's a wonder they get any custom.

they are absolutely useless, i had a xbox kinect delivered by them,well it was delivered over a 7ft gate. you can guess the rest.

Something like

perhaps?

Yodel are absolutely useless ,the most unreliable company I have ever had to deal with .My experience with them was ,"next day delivery " actually took 3 days although I paid extra for it (,Matalan refunded eventually) ,countless emails I sent were all ignored . :mad:

Avoid like the plague - .

You don't always have the chance to if your supplier uses them..

Absolutley rubbish,I had 2 parcels from Clarkes shoes delivered by Yodel and they were left outside my door on the path in full veiw of any toerag to pinch.

You don't always have the chance to if your supplier uses them..

Alas this is true :(