Strike possibly back on at Sheffield ‘dump it’ sites

You lot don't know what your talking about, unless you know the facts keep quiet. If you look at the site entrance you will see that it says "if you need help please ask". The workers don't get paid when off sick if they get injured carrying your rubbish. It is like every other company Health & Safety comes first. My partner who works on one of these dump it sites as lost four stone in weight since working there and that hasn't happened by him sitting on his arse. You try working your arse off for 6.08p per hour (minimum wage for a grown man). They only get £2.00 extra per hour if they reach a target of

90%, this as never been done and all 3 tier of Management know this, this is why it was offered. Don't blame the workers blame Jack Scott. I wish you negative people could work on the site for a day, you would soon change your mind.

Adding my support on these two comments. It's not a difficult or a skilled job that they do so why they think they should be paid wages in line with people that do work in skilled jobs is beyond a joke.

Might not be able to sack them because they're striking but I'm been to enough sites to know their "customer service" skills are severely lacking so sack them on those grounds.

Isn't it easy to slag people off whilst remaining anonimous, you three jerk-offs sound like three real hero's. Anybody can shout the odds from five mile away, come to the Sirecliffe tip and lets have a word together so that I can explain things to all three of you!!!

how does this stir things up against the coalition?

i doubt nick clegg uses dump it sites

No he is wedded to recycling policies.Many of his policies have had previous owners,and come shop soiled.

At the end of the day they work for the minimum wage what do you expect, let me unload your car for you / no problem ill drag your cast iron bath out of your boot you sit there and take in the air, would you like a coffee while you wait, come on get real how many of you who have posted on here work for a minimum wage, not many is my guess

Sorry, but working manual labour at a dump it site is exactly the sort of job that should only pay minimum wage. It requires no skills, experience or qualifications. What makes them any different to farm workers, ditch diggers, hospital porters, care assistants, Dave the street sweeper and anyone else in needed but totally menial roles?

At the end of the day they work for the minimum wage what do you expect, let me unload your car for you / no problem ill drag your cast iron bath out of your boot you sit there and take in the air, would you like a coffee while you wait, come on get real how many of you who have posted on here work for a minimum wage, not many is my guess

Too right-its a hard job with little status and respect bestowed on the holders.

At the end of the day if you don't do anything, you're not earning your money, minimum wage or not. These guys are in a service industry and the service they provide sucks. The long and short is, there's really no need for 3 or 4 full time staff members at the tips. The service is very poorly organised an inefficient in Sheffield in comparison to other places. In Manchester I've been to a tip where I saw no staff and it was 5 times the size of the ones in Sheffield.

And yeah, I've worked for much less than £6.08/hr; in fact all my jobs have paid less than that, apart from the one I'm in now. I've done exhausting work in unsociable hours for £2/hr. It's part of what motivated me to get where I am now.

I dont think we should encourage recycling. Its bad enough cycling in the first place, without doing it again. Bradley friggin Wiggum has got a lot to answer for......

You lot don't know what your talking about, unless you know the facts keep quiet. If you look at the site entrance you will see that it says "if you need help please ask". The workers don't get paid when off sick if they get injured carrying your rubbish. It is like every other company Health & Safety comes first. My partner who works on one of these dump it sites as lost four stone in weight since working there and that hasn't happened by him sitting on his arse. You try working your arse off for 6.08p per hour (minimum wage for a grown man). They only get £2.00 extra per hour if they reach a target of

90%, this as never been done and all 3 tier of Management know this, this is why it was offered. Don't blame the workers blame Jack Scott. I wish you negative people could work on the site for a day, you would soon change your mind.

Well said. i supported the strike from day one ,and i support the lads at the dumps now. They should go on all out strike ,and stay out until there is so much rubbish dumped down country lanes that Jack Scott has no choice but to resign , issue a grovelling apology and be forced to clean up every last bit of fly tipping himself ,single handed.

Isn't it easy to slag people off whilst remaining anonimous, you three jerk-offs sound like three real hero's. Anybody can shout the odds from five mile away, come to the Sirecliffe tip and lets have a word together so that I can explain things to all three of you!!!

All these people on here slagging off the tip workers would never do the job themselves , but think its ok have a pop at those that do .

You big hard man you!

Most of the workers at this tip don't look like they could punch their way out of a paper bag anyway and here you are offering to have a word with 3 people. :hihi:

You think people will want to support people with an attitude like your's? :roll:

Sorry, but working manual labour at a dump it site is exactly the sort of job that should only pay minimum wage. It requires no skills, experience or qualifications. What makes them any different to farm workers, ditch diggers, hospital porters, care assistants, Dave the street sweeper and anyone else in needed but totally menial roles?

Can you drive a JCB you moron, ask a JCB driver how much money they are on per hour. a lot of these men have qualifications in other areas too but due to the lack of jobs they are prepared to clear your **** up for minimum wage and take all the flack as well. My partner has been a bin man and a road sweeper as well as an engineer. All fisical work. I bet you sit on your arse all day at a desk pushing papers. You was obviously cleaning toilets for £2 per hour, when you was a kid.