Appearance money stopping Cresswell and Montgomerie from playing

It just goes to show that being skint is not all bad news.

Mind you nobody knows that better in this city than Wednesday fans.

Yeah we do know what its like to be skint,cant remember it being owt but bad news.

"WILSON confirmed Nick Montgomery and Richard Cresswell were both left out of the clash at the Ricoh Arena due to financial reasons."

The Star

Only you an Owl, suggest its down to £800 a week , we dont know,we are guessing but it would be reasonable to suggest the financial matters would total a lot more.

The rest of the quote

Wilson has confirmed Nick Montgomery and Richard Cresswell were both left out of the clash at the Ricoh Arena due to financial reasons. After missing out on promotion last season, United have no choice but to sell their top earners to lower the wage bill, which is the highest in the division.

He said: “They (Nick and Richard) are top lads but it’s a decision that’s had to be made. We’ve not had any interest in them at the moment but obviously the window is open until the end of the month.

not read all this thread , but if i was Cresswell or Monty id drop my bonus or wage just to put my self in the shop window so other clubs may be interested, or go out on loan at least to get games instead of not even playing

"WILSON confirmed Nick Montgomery and Richard Cresswell were both left out of the clash at the Ricoh Arena due to financial reasons."

The Star

So Danny Wilson is now accused of being a myth monger.

Mr McCabe: ".......I'm sure this move alone will dispel the silly myth about not selecting players for financial reasons."

The Star

Danny Wilson is a liar then? "On reports that Montgomery and Cresswell, now poised to become a player/coach, have been omitted for financial reasons, McCabe said: “The manager has been at liberty to pick for the first team squad Nick and Richard and there’s never been any request from myself to leave them out."

I've seen it where Cressy, is to become a coach, please don't say Monty is. The ONLY way he could become coach, would be take out his teeth, and put in seats

So Wilson said they can't play due to "Appearance related" financial issues and McCabe says this isn't correct.

Who do you believe in that then, my money is on McCabe as I suspect Wilson doesn't want them two playing.

So Wilson said they can't play due to "Appearance related" financial issues and McCabe says this isn't correct.

Who do you believe in that then, my money is on McCabe as I suspect Wilson doesn't want them two playing.

Sorry but if McCabe told me today was Wednesday, I'd check the calendar. On the more serious side, if KM is contradicting what DW says, that is a bad sign, and all points to what I highlighted earlier before a ball kicked.,

I've seen it where Cressy, is to become a coach, please don't say Monty is. The ONLY way he could become coach, would be take out his teeth, and put in seats

Cressy has all the valid coaching badges, which was a suprise.

Cresswell was a key member of the team last season not sure why he would want to drop him.

Monty was barely on the bench last season and anyone blessed with gift of sight wouldn't want him in the first team.

I believe Wilson and have not trusted a word McCabe has said since he reckoned Beattie had flu.

With respect, that's nonsense. If he didn't want them to play he'd simply not pick them. Why would he invent a reason and risk being found out in a lie?