The Red Lion Book Group (thread #4)

Hi Cathy

We will be meeting to discuss The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hide on 19th December, you would be very welcome.

Thanks, unfortunately I'm working that eve, hopefully next month.

I enjoyed last night's discussion. Exotic chocolates, mince pies, beer, wine, whisky... a potent concoction that Dr Jekyll himself might have shied away from.

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 30th January, and we'll be discussing 'Portnoy's Complaint' by Philip Roth.

GlobeTrotter will be posting details of February's book in due course, we hope.

Yes, it was a very good discussion and enjoyable company in December! I'm going to brave the post-Christmas sale to see if I can find something interesting to read. If I don't appear at the January meeting I've probably been trampled by bargain-hungry shoppers... I'll post again to let you know what book I found for February.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 15:09 ----------

Hi everyone,

I've managed to find us a book for the February meet, 'The terrorists' by Sjöwall Wahlöö. Should be an interesting read in this era of Scandi-crime.

I'm really enjoying 'Portnoy's complaint' and am looking forward to discussing that on the 30/1/13.

We will be meeting on 20th February to discuss "The Terrorists". Our March book will be George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion.

Hi, I would love to start coming to your book club, when is your next meeting and what book?! Thanks Lucy

Hi Lucy, we shall be discussing 'The terrorists' by Sjöwall Wahlöo on 20th February. You will be very welcome.

I am afraid I have a very bad cold, so will have to bow out of this evening's meeting. :(

Owing to pb63's absence and two of us not having finished the book, tonight's meeting has been re-scheduled for next Tuesday (26th) at 7.30.

Apologies to any newcomers who were planning on coming along, but hopefully you can make the alternative date.

---------- Post added 28-02-2013 at 09:41 ----------

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 2nd April at 7.30, and we'll be discussing George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion.

The next book after that will be The Monk, by Matthew Gregory Lewis.

Edited by Ron Blanco
added time of next meeting

See you on Tuesday.

Hi everyone!

Our next meeting will be at the Red Lion pub at Charles Street as usual on Tuesday 4June 19.30. We will be discussing War of the Worlds by HG Wells. It's not too long so it should be OK to finish in a month.

Newcomers are always welcome!

Our July book will be The Secret History by Donna Tartt.