The Red Lion Book Group (thread #4)

Hi! Do you still meet? And if so, when is your next meeting? What will you be discussing?

Hi Jennie2102! Yes, we meet every month at the Red Lion, Charles Street. We'll be meeting on Wednesday 7/11/12 at 19.30 next time. We will be discussing the Psychopath test by Ron Jonson. It would be very nice if you would join us :-)

I'm sorry that we all let you down last time, but I definitely plan to be there on November 7th. Look forward to discussing the Psychopath Test!

@Jennie2102 please do come along, it's always good to see new faces :)

I'll be there! Just so I can plan my evening, how long do you guys usually meet for?

Depending on how much we have to say about the book, we generally break up around 9-9.30 :)

I arrived at 7.25 and stayed until 7.50 last night. Unfortunately I did not have a copy of the book with me, so if any newbies turned up they would not have known who I was. Sorry if you turned up later GT.

Ok, plan C. I suggest we meet on 28 November and discuss both The Psychopath Test and I, Partridge. We traditionally have a spooky classic for the Christmas meeting, so I suggest we do The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hide, or The Picture of Dorian Gray for 12th December. Both of these are short, so we could do a quick turnaround. That should get us over our hiccups and back on track!

I can make 28th, pb. I finished Psychopath test, and I'm enjoying I, Partridge. I don't mind either of your christmas suggestions.

Unfortunately I'm on a short course starting on Wednesday nights till the end of the year! Ordinarily it would have meant I'd miss the December meeting, but it means I'm also unable to do the rescheduled November one.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and see you again in the new year :)

Only Ron and I for the 28th so far. Actually 19th of December would suit me better now.

Globetrotter has confirmed to me that she can make the 28th too.

Hi

Just wondering when & which book you will be reading for the Dec meeting, would like to join you all if i'm free.

Cathy