Sheff Wed sign Rodri

Confirmed on a season-long loan subject to international clearance. A very interesting signing, don't know much about him if I'm honest but I'm very excited that we're signing players from the best club in the world!

Rodri

“I was at the game on Saturday and I thought the team did very well in the second half, the fans on a scale of 0-10 were definitely a 10. It was a massive crowd that came from Sheffield"

He's learning ;)

Edited by scoobydotcom

Confirmed on a season-long loan subject to international clearance. A very interesting signing, don't know much about him if I'm honest but I'm very excited that we're signing players from the best club in the world!

Rodri

“I was at the game on Saturday and I thought the team did very well in the second half, the fans on a scale of 0-10 were definitely a 10. It was a massive crowd that came from Sheffield"

He's learning ;)

Had to pull at the bold comment as your not signing him from Barcelona "the best club in the world" as you put it but alternatively from Barcelona B who are treat as a separate club / feeding club in a sense and play in the Spanish second division.

Despite that this lad would be an interesting signing. Not going to pull it apart as you can't really, 22 year old continental striker who knows where the back of the net is looking at his stats. More than worth a punt in the Championship and could well shine like Vincente and Calderon have done at Brighton.

It's getting to the point now where we will have too many players (especially if Bartley signs).

I'm starting to feel sorry for some of the lads who got us up, l mean what has O'Grady done wrong and how will Lines get back in.

It's getting to the point now where we will have too many players (especially if Bartley signs).

I'm starting to feel sorry for some of the lads who got us up, l mean what has O'Grady done wrong and how will Lines get back in.

I see it as a little over excessive myself if i'm honest. When you have 26 players battling it out for 11 first team places it must cause a bit of unrest amongst the ranks. Should you gain success from it then fair enough at the end of the day you have to speculate to accumulate and the ambition has paid off however should you fail to achieve anything then the club have wasted a great amount of cash in Agent fees and temporary salaries which might have been better invested in a few high quality permanent additions to the squad.

I see it as a little over excessive myself if i'm honest. When you have 26 players battling it out for 11 first team places it must cause a bit of unrest amongst the ranks. Should you gain success from it then fair enough at the end of the day you have to speculate to accumulate and the ambition has paid off however should you fail to achieve anything then the club have wasted a great amount of cash in Agent fees and temporary salaries which might have been better invested in a few high quality permanent additions to the squad.

I agree with you to be honest.

How I see it is that both Sheffield clubs had strong enough squads last season to get mid-table in the Championship, we've lost Baath so he needed replacing but apart from him why all these new players.

Another one is Giles Coke, he was superb against Oldham and his reward is to be dropped.

Chris O'Grady three goals in one and a half games and now he'll probably get dropped as well.

I suspect Manderic is having a punt at the Premiership with all the riches on offer next season, I don't blame him for that but if it all goes wrong we'll find ourselves in the position you are in now.

your not signing him from Barcelona "the best club in the world"

I see it as a little over excessive myself if i'm honest.

should you fail to achieve anything then the club have wasted a great amount of cash

Bitter much? :rolleyes: BARCA OWLS! We are MASSIVE! WE ARE signing from the BEST! UTMO! :banana::clap:

Competition for places is only healthy, having a player ready to come in and take your place only put's pressure on the player in question to peform...

Bitter much? :rolleyes: BARCA OWLS! We are MASSIVE! WE ARE signing from the BEST! UTMO! :banana::clap:

I don't understand why you have to continue to be petty and out right pathetic on most things Contro buddy? No need what so ever at the end of the day and I am sure part of you would rather add constructive comments to threads as opposed to getting on your high horse and feeling the need to battle everyone. After all you are on this thread in the first place as you obviously have a passion for football so why not contribute properly and should you not agree with me then constructively criticise it rather than play up.

At the end of the day I'm not knocking Wednesday and I'm definitely not bitter about this or any of your signings this year, I've been around in football long enough to appreciate the swings and roundabouts of the game and this is just another twist in Sheffield Football. I merely pointed out that the lad was a Barcelona B player as he was and they are the reserve team for Barcelona F.C and play in the league below. I didn't knock the player himself, having taken a look at his stats I pointed out that he's found the net looking at him and at 22 he could well be a fantastic prospect.

Get off your high horse and stop the personal attacks, there is no need for them what so ever. The majority on here like the banter as well as the discussion and if they don't agree they speak their mind rather than be silly about it all.

I don't understand why you have to continue to be petty and out right pathetic on most things Contro buddy? No need what so ever at the end of the day and I am sure part of you would rather add constructive comments to threads as opposed to getting on your high horse and feeling the need to battle everyone. After all you are on this thread in the first place as you obviously have a passion for football so why not contribute properly and should you not agree with me then constructively criticise it rather than play up.

At the end of the day I'm not knocking Wednesday and I'm definitely not bitter about this or any of your signings this year, I've been around in football long enough to appreciate the swings and roundabouts of the game and this is just another twist in Sheffield Football. I merely pointed out that the lad was a Barcelona B player as he was and they are the reserve team for Barcelona F.C and play in the league below. I didn't knock the player himself, having taken a look at his stats I pointed out that he's found the net looking at him and at 22 he could well be a fantastic prospect.

Get off your high horse and stop the personal attacks, there is no need for them what so ever. The majority on here like the banter as well as the discussion and if they don't agree they speak their mind rather than be silly about it all.

Out of that whole statement theres 1 sentence about Wednesday. The rest is all about me.

What was that about personal attacks? If you don't like what I post then report me as the mods will tell you or ignore me, but a whole statement aimed at trying to put someone down is a little low.

You might be many things but massive isn't one of them. Unless you follow the word massive by one i cant write on here.

Regarding the signing he looks ok to be fair.

Out of that whole statement theres 1 sentence about Wednesday. The rest is all about me.

What was that about personal attacks? If you don't like what I post then report me as the mods will tell you or ignore me, but a whole statement aimed at trying to put someone down is a little low.

You will find the whole second paragraph is non-related to you if you take the time to read it, as for the rest yes it is based on you but this is an opinion forum is it not and I am commenting on how I interpret your contribution to the Sheffield Football section of the forum which I feel adds very little and near nil anything constructive.

You might get your kicks out of sly digs and back hand comments but some people actually like to discuss football and BOTH Sheffield clubs without pathetic abuse and repercussions.

The Dynamic Duo........Unregistered and his boy wonder Re registered.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: