Car Mechanic/garage

Can anyone recommend a good garage or mechanic which won't rip us off. The crankshaft sensor on our Renault needs cleaning or replacing as the car struggles to start.

thanks

Stumbled on to this garage a couple of years ago and I must say I can't fault them & believe you me I've been ripped off in the past.Its Rutland Autos.If you go up Rutland road,just before you get to the brow of the hill there are some units to your left.The chap you want is a great big fella called Tony.Just had my car tested there and it failed on 1 of the front brakes binding,he told the worse scenario would be a new brake calliper,which wouldn't be cheap with it being a Toyota,but he stripped it all down,greased it,freed theis piston thing up & put it all back together.It must have took him an hour easy and he charged me £15.I thought that was excellent.

I wouldn't recommend Wagon & horses at meadowhead

I was quoted £300 for my brakes - got another quote £150 cheaper

It's not the first time .

I once had some work done there & had to take it back 3 times

STAY WELL CLEAR !

I use B J Mason on Broadfield road and have always had very good service and reasonable prices.

Crankshaft sensor isn't a difficult one to tackle yourself.

Just get a Haynes manual and follow the instructions. If you need a new sensor try Euro Car Parts.

Failing that, PM HATHER-SAGE on here. He's a mobile mechanic with a very good reputation.

its only one nut holding it on. the part is cheap so it is not really worth cleaning

My cars due for MOT on thursday, will be looking for someone to do some work on it, not sure what yet, but what I do know is the N/S rear passenger door doesn't open, from the outside, I think some sort of latch has come off, but you cant open it from the inside either as the child locks are on, so to remove the door panel, the rear seats have to come out, its megane scenic any quotes....? :)

Thanks for the replies guys :) Gonna get it sorted tomorrow.

hi there i have a garage in sheffield where i can carry out all work on all vehicles. If anybody would like a quote for anywork please contact me on 07904421506

Snuff Mill garage Behind Tescos Ecclesall Rd