Sheffield Wednesday V Birmingham City. Tues 21/8/12.

I know what you mean. After years of dross when going to Hillsborough had become like a bad habit only made tolerable by a couple of pints in the Park Hotel and a pork sandwich from round the corner I can't wait for Saturday.

I don't think it's yet another false dawn this time. With the present set-up it feels like the real deal.

Totally agree Jim.

The whole feeling and attitude of the entire club is now on another level.

Very good start, let's hope we can keep it going...been going a long time and been kicked in the teeth too many times to mention, so I'll believe it's the real deal if we're still up there or thereabouts after a couple of months, but things look very good indeed at the moment :)

Just seen Rodris goal, good running, good strike, but the keeper will be disappointed he didn't save it.

Good result for the Owls, against a team who should be pushing the top 2.

Brum must be wondering what has hit them though, only 1 point from 2 promoted teams.

were the birmingham fans any good? loud? they apparently have a reputation for being decent. Thought we looked pacey, bit shaky at the back but could of been 3/4 at half time

if you were there (which you comment as though you were) then you would know what they were like? :huh:

JJ is on fire just now,hope he can keep this up.First half we should really have been out of sight and missed chances.

Second half,brum made changes and had more of a threat,but the stupid penalty flattered them in all honesty.Very encouraging and exciting times to be an OWL,long time since many of us could say that!!

The one blot,despite his goal,Reda looks like the weak link,no matter how many he scores he will give away goals,pens and free kicks as well as get sent off.

Have no problem what so ever taking my hat off to you on this result, credit where credit is due chaps as I said pre match Birmingham will be there or there abouts in my opinion come may therefore I result like this sends out a message of intention to the rest of the league and shows you mean business.

I haven't seen the highlights or anything so can't really comment on the game but looking at things from both fans points of view it seems you lot came out of the traps on fire and pretty much did the business in the first half which is what you need to do to win games in that league so again credit for that.

I don't think you can gauge a full league over two games but if you continue to pull of results like that this season then come the end of it you might just well surprise a few people. You could well us a tighten up at the back as this is the third game in a row where you have conceded two goals and you won't get away with that every week but you scored more than you conceded last night and deserved the win by the sounds of it so fair play.

MASSIVE result (:hihi:) for you lot last night, only time will tell whether it is the "honeymoon period" or whether you have the tools to carry it on through a season. And no that isn't a knock it's a infamous question in football, those who remain consistent all season achieve something, those who blip don't.

My goodness I have just had to go and lie down!

Considered, balanced and sensible post from the red side of town! Well done.

JJ is on fire just now,hope he can keep this up.First half we should really have been out of sight and missed chances.

Second half,brum made changes and had more of a threat,but the stupid penalty flattered them in all honesty.Very encouraging and exciting times to be an OWL,long time since many of us could say that!!

The one blot,despite his goal,Reda looks like the weak link,no matter how many he scores he will give away goals,pens and free kicks as well as get sent off.

A bit unfair on Reda. He was up against their best player who had a lot of pace and good skills and managed to keep his chances at a minimum. The pen was silly but he did quite a good job last night all in all.

My goodness I have just had to go and lie down!

Considered, balanced and sensible post from the red side of town! Well done.

The irony of that comment.:roll::roll:.

Not counting my chickens yet but it looks encouraging,JJs on fire at the moment,I think this league suits him more,best find in my eyes is Mcabe,he looks like an all round player and will surely get better.

Yes for once our glass is half full with a season which I feel we could be in with a chance to push for a play off place.

Yes,very impressive last night,Kirkland steady,Buxton did well against their 'JJ'Reda's passing a bit iffy at times,the 2 centre backs played well considering they're both all left foot,Semedo was his usual self,Mcabe was unbelievable for such a young kid,so strong and wasn't one bit intimidated,the 2 wide men,Antomio was getting better as the game went on and JJ had his best 90mins in an owls shirt,COG was his usual self and Rodri? I thought it was a big gamble to play him considering he can't speak english and hardly knows his team mates but hey,what can you say.He's the 1st striker we've had for years who can actually turn his man and go past him.I can just see us getting better and better.

Thats the big plus,i agree we will get better.