Peter Hitchen v Russell Brand - the debates on drugs, whos right?

Who is right in the Drugs Debate  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is right in the Drugs Debate

• Peter Hitchens
    • Russel Brand
    • I don't care, me and my pet dog are having a spliff

So here we have 2 opinions from 2 opposing people on the same subject, Peter Hitchens v Russel Brands.

In the red corner is Peter Hitchens, darling of the Daily Mail and liked by the right (not the far right, I mean normal right wing) and tends to be liked by fiddy duddys and people whom are getting on a bit and no longer enjoy life like they used to

In the blue corner is Russel Brand, darling of the liberal elite and probably a hit with those who get well paid from gardian type jobs, enjoy a spliff here and there and reading about the odd drug related stabbing is of little consequence to them..

But who is right? Is Peter Hitchens right claiming that middle class spoilt brats are out of touch, or does Russell Brand have his finger on the pulse of modern Britain?

So here we have 2 opinions from 2 opposing people on the same subject, Peter Hitchens v Russel Brands.

In the red corner is Peter Hitchens, darling of the Daily Mail and liked by the right (not the far right, I mean normal right wing) and tends to be liked by fiddy duddys and people whom are getting on a bit and no longer enjoy life like they used to

In the blue corner is Russel Brand, darling of the liberal elite and probably a hit with those who get well paid from gardian type jobs, enjoy a spliff here and there and reading about the odd drug related stabbing is of little consequence to them..

But who is right? Is Peter Hitchens right claiming that middle class spoilt brats are out of touch, or does Russell Brand have his finger on the pulse of modern Britain?

Russel Bland is a complete ****. end of.:loopy:

I can't stand Hitchens even if i do agree with some of the things he says, im sorry but Brand is right about drugs.

russell brand is an total Prat i wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire

Agree 100% the pathetic excuse for a human should be banned from all broadcasting,as you can tell i don't care much for him.

russell brand is an total Prat i wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire

Agree 100% the pathetic excuse for a human should be banned from all broadcasting,as you can tell i don't care much for him.

That Andrew Sach's thing hasn't done his credibility much good, but he's still entitled to an opinion.

That Andrew Sach's thing hasn't done his credibility much good, but he's still entitled to an opinion.

On the contrary, being hated by the Daily Mail will have done hos credibility no end of good.

Peter Hitchens is nothing in comparison to his late brother, Christopher. Now he did talk sense!

Peter Hitchens is nothing in comparison to his late brother, Christopher. Now he did talk sense!

Agreed, as clearly demonstrated in a debate between the Hitchens brothers which I think is still on Youtube.

Saying that, on the specific subject of the Iraq war, I agree with Peter over Christopher. I think Christopher H almost relished the false assumptions that he would be staunchly against the military involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I can't stand Hitchens even if i do agree with some of the things he says, im sorry but Brand is right about drugs.

Please don't just use the surname as it might be confused with his awesome sibling.

In the red corner is Peter Hitchens, darling of the Daily Mail and liked by the right (not the far right, I mean normal right wing) and tends to be liked by fiddy duddys and people whom are getting on a bit and no longer enjoy life like they used to.

I most strongly object to the stereotyping.:hihi:

I like to read Peter Hitchen's columns,some of his opinions i agree with,some i don't.

In this case I didn't like his arrogant judgemental attitude at the start of his comments in your first link, but as he went on to speak he made a lot more sense,so ive voted for him.

Russel Brand made some good points,but he sometimes shows off too much,and can't always be taken seriously as demonstrated more clearly in the second link.

In spite of that i admire him for coming of the drugs and using his fame and own experience of addiction to help others.