'sheffield lass'

What is a Sheffield Lass these days I hear you ask?

Someone with tattoos, a druggy boyfriend who doesn't work who happens to have a pitbull dog on a chain lead.

Often pregnant, often drinks more than the men and lives on a council estate.

Not being rightwinged or seriotyping people, just my opinion

Well thanks for your "rightwinged seriotyping"<<<?????.How come you know so much about EVERY sheffield lass?.You wouldn't be the druggy boyfriend by any chance would you?.:suspect:

I would have thought a Sheffield lass is any of the female variety that hails from Sheffield

I think Jeremy Kyle has warped his views a little,needs to get out a bit more :hihi:.

You're confusing 'hear' with 'see', don't worry about it though!

Darn, I knew something wasn't quite right with my logic!

What is a Sheffield Lass these days I hear you ask?

Someone with tattoos, a druggy boyfriend who doesn't work who happens to have a pitbull dog on a chain lead.

Often pregnant, often drinks more than the men and lives on a council estate.

Not being rightwinged or seriotyping people, just my opinion

Your post is wrong on so many levels.

Young people are drinking less.

Teenage pregnancies have fallen massively.

Over half the council housing has gone in the past 30 years.

Pitbulls are outlawed and killed by the state if reported/caught.

The only thing which rings true, is that more people have tattoos and more people overall take drugs (although the amount of young people taking drugs has fallen).

I would have thought a Sheffield lass is any of the female variety that hails from Sheffield

*That is human.

Female magpies and pigeons are birds.

A Sheffield lass might also be know as a bird though, to confuse things further :hihi:

If I hear the word 'Sheffield lass' one more time (especially on Radio Sheffield), I'm going to set fire to my own head!

I dont particularly mind the phrase "Sheffield lass" but do hate it when Sheffield men refer to their girlfriend/wife/partner as "our lass". Its so condescending as if they cant even be bothered to call you by your name. I hate it its so chavy!

I dont particularly mind the phrase "Sheffield lass" but do hate it when Sheffield men refer to their girlfriend/wife/partner as "our lass". Its so condescending as if they cant even be bothered to call you by your name. I hate it its so chavy!

I think you'll find the term our lass has been around as long as I have, just to my knowledge, 54 years, the term chav is a relatively new one that only seems to have sprung up in last few years.

The term "our lass" is a term of endearment, same as a woman would say "our old fella/man", so your reasoning is at best flawed sorry.

When anyone asks me where my accent hails from, I always say, "Sheffield, I'm a Sheffield Lass"............:hihi:

I agree, proud to be a sheffield lass:hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefface

If I hear the word 'Sheffield lass' one more time (especially on Radio Sheffield), I'm going to set fire to my own head!

I've got used to that over the years but did used to hate it. I've heard a few girls say "our lad" though, I can't stand that!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

My mother in law used to refer to her older sister as 'Our lass'. don't know what your problem is.

My mother in law used to refer to her older sister as 'Our lass'. don't know what your problem is.

Can't see owt wrong with it, term of endearment in my eyes, my uncle

used to call my Dad 'our kid' :)