FREEPOST: Can it be sent recorded?

I have a FREEPOST address to return an eBay purchase. I would prefer if the item was tracked. Can it be sent with a tracking label on or would I need to pay for the tracking part of the bill, i.e. throw XXp of stamps on with the Recorded Signed For label?

Thanks for your help.

I suspect you'd have to pay extra for the tracking..don't know for sure though..

Yes you can send a Freepost package recorded obviously you have to pay and the bigger the package the more it will cost. For example a normal letter I sent first class recorded was £1.23

Proof of sending is free if at post office.

Proof of sending is free if at post office.

Unfortunately Ebay won't accept it as such. If it doesn't arrive and it goes to dispute, if you can't provide a tracking number then you're screwed.

I have a FREEPOST address to return an eBay purchase. I would prefer if the item was tracked. Can it be sent with a tracking label on or would I need to pay for the tracking part of the bill, i.e. throw XXp of stamps on with the Recorded Signed For label?

Thanks for your help.

The recorded signed for label as you call it has to have the tracking number logged into the PO computer, so no you cannot just put extra stamps on the parcel with the recorded delivery label.