ASDA and TESCO selling OUR water!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190027/Asda-Tesco-selling-tap-water-bottled-water-confusing-customers.html

Asda confirmed that its Smartprice water is filtered mains water. Its manufacturer gets its supplies from the tap water firm Yorkshire Water before filtering and bottling it. A spokesman argued the water was cheaper than buying a water filter and jug for the home.

They have been stealing our water and selling it across the country!

And it's only 17p for 2 Litres, them Sartherners should be paying at least £1 per Litre for OUR water.

Yorkshire water is for Yorkshire people!

This happens alot.

As long as they treat it in some way it's totally legal.

And the problem is.....................

Just what I was thinking.

Anyone with a brain knows that if your paying smart price for water its just glorified tap water. Where the hell did these people think it came from for a magnificant price of 17p.

Besides, if you dont want to be "ripped off" get a load of convenient plastic handbag or 330ml plastic bottles and fill your own.

Is that not why any of us buy a bottle of water - its because you are generally away from a tap source and therefore a bottle is handy and convenient. Are people really buying crappo smart price budget bottled water to drink in their own homes??? :loopy:

Typical lazy shock horror jounalists at the DM. What an absolute non story.

Anyone stupid enough to buy it or any other bottled water in UK deserves to get ripped off

Guest Ant
Anyone stupid enough to buy it or any other bottled water in UK deserves to get ripped off

If the water is flouride free, I'd be interested in buying it. It'd be a damned sight cheaper than buying a filter. Stupidity doesn't come into it - if you want the product, you buy it.

Edited by Ant
spelling

Yorkshire water is fluoride free & good. I don't think we have much of a shortage of it either. Southerner's money is as good as anybody else's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190027/Asda-Tesco-selling-tap-water-bottled-water-confusing-customers.html

They have been stealing our water and selling it across the country!

And it's only 17p for 2 Litres, them Sartherners should be paying at least £1 per Litre for OUR water.

Yorkshire water is for Yorkshire people!

They're selling it across the country but you have a problem with it being sold in the South!

Just what I was thinking.

Anyone with a brain knows that if your paying smart price for water its just glorified tap water. Where the hell did these people think it came from for a magnificant price of 17p.

Besides, if you dont want to be "ripped off" get a load of convenient plastic handbag or 330ml plastic bottles and fill your own.

Is that not why any of us buy a bottle of water - its because you are generally away from a tap source and therefore a bottle is handy and convenient. Are people really buying crappo smart price budget bottled water to drink in their own homes??? :loopy:

Typical lazy shock horror jounalists at the DM. What an absolute non story.

It's not just the cheaper bottled water that's tap water. Some of the more expensive ones are too.

Like I said earlier, if they filter it in some way then it's perfectly legal.

Does bottled water offer much in the way of nutrients anyway or is it another case of it must be good for me so i'll buy it?

Does bottled water offer much in the way of nutrients anyway or is it another case of it must be good for me so i'll buy it?

Thick sheep like people will buy owt.

Just have a look at them paying £2 a bottle at services :)

You couldnt make it up but thats just what they do :hihi: