Sign in to follow this  

Where can you report dangerous roads?

Originally posted by "Malaika"

I have a problem with people using the bus lane running past the university approaching Brook Hill roundabout before 8.30 in a morning. Not especially dangerous but bloody annoying when youv'e patiently qued in the middle lane and then can't pull out to get in the left lane. The danger would be me unleashing a road rage attack on one of the que skippers. I wouldn't really, I just sit in my car swearing loudly.

I've known the police pull over and fine one person ever for this and it was my mate in a souped up golf so he was a bit more of a target.

Maybe they could fine more people and fill in all the holes with the money....... :lol:

While I agree I dislike any form of queue skipping or pushing and sneeking in and out of lanes, but I don't like the idea of seeing a emtpy bus lane and your turning left for example and could easily go into the bus lane and go left but no you have to wait in a pointless queue.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

While I agree I dislike any form of queue skipping or pushing and sneeking in and out of lanes, but I don't like the idea of seeing a emtpy bus lane and your turning left fo example and could easily go into the bsu land and go left but no you have to wait in a pointless queue.

But that's the entire point of bus lanes isn't it? They are there purely to make motorists see how the busses get a clear run through and motorists get stuck in jams. They are supposed to make them think maybe they should abanden their car and get the bus.

I personally think they are a stupid idea, and do not work. There's no way they'll ever work - but that's the point of them - to frustrate drivers.

Originally posted by "xyZed"

While I agree I dislike any form of queue skipping or pushing and sneeking in and out of lanes, but I don't like the idea of seeing a emtpy bus lane and your turning left fo example and could easily go into the bus lane and go left but no you have to wait in a pointless queue.

But that's the entire point of bus lanes isn't it? They are there purely to make motorists see how the busses get a clear run through and motorists get stuck in jams. They are supposed to make them think maybe they should abanden their car and get the bus.

I personally think they are a stupid idea, and do not work. There's no way they'll ever work - but that's the point of them - to frustrate drivers.

I dunno I thought the point was to give buses priority and not hold them up in traffic...most of the times the bus lanes are empy which means that there is obviously not enough buses on the road or the idea isn't working.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

They are there purely to make motorists see how the busses get a clear run through and motorists get stuck in jams.

I dunno I thought the point was to give buses priority and not hold them up in traffic...

We are saying the same thing here, just phrased differently.

Originally posted by xyZed

Does anyone know if there's an email address on a web site where you can report dangerous road junctions in sheffield and send photographic evidence?

Another dangerous road junction I have discovered is Summerfield street. When travelling down and turning right onto Ecclesall Road I often find the lights are on green and 2 lanes of traffic should be able to proceed and turn right onto Eclessall Road but often there are still cars trying to turn right into Summerfield street or stuck on the central reservation. This is a frequent occurrence and very dangerous.

Report them to the surgeon when you arrive at the hospital.

Conveyeur (sp.) belts. escalators, Carousels. They are the key to the future of any major city. Sod traffic - turn every road into a carousel. Hop on, hop off. Simple. Its almost as simple as cable cars. That way - no one speeds, no one dies. Speed cameras become a thing of the past. Clean, efficient, and fun. Then the money saved from repaving streets and **ahem** resurfacing roads can be justified in carousel funding.

How about it kids?

Originally posted by markham

Report them to the surgeon when you arrive at the hospital.

Your feedback is noted :thumbsup::P

The road in question is Shiregreen lane which changes into Newman Road on the bend, this is one continuation and you should stop and signal right to go on to Jenkin Road, there for treating it as a right hand turn off a main road.

I know it is a confusing bit of road but to be fair the on coming traffic coming up Newman are not liable if they hit you going through up towards Jenkin.

Didn't the Council have a system where they had a leaflet that you could report potholes on? The Cyclist's Touring Club (CTC) run this system nationwide ISTR.

Originally posted by Geoff

Who will kindly ignore it. The only time they will actually repair the roads is when there is a serious accident. Even then, there would need to be a public outcry before they act. :(

Sorry to be so cynical, but when I consider the recent council tax increase and then look at the state of our roads - it's hard not to be bitter.

Well, I complained and Abbeydale Road is all nice and smooth now.

Originally posted by Lickszz

I dunno I thought the point was to give buses priority and not hold them up in traffic...most of the times the bus lanes are empy which means that there is obviously not enough buses on the road or the idea isn't working.

Or the opposite - that the bus lanes are working because there aren't big queues of buses waiting to move 6" forward every 3 minutes. Seems straighforward enough. As a bus user, I find bus lanes just fine until your typical cashpoint parking dimwit blocks them. They should put dozer blades on buses to clear buslanes.