Sign in to follow this  

Where can you report dangerous roads?

Does anyone know if there's an email address on a web site where you can report dangerous road junctions in sheffield and send photographic evidence?

Although I've increased the subject length, I thought your existing subject was fine. What else did you want to include? Surely it says everything as it is?

Originally posted by "mikey"

Send it to the council...

Who will kindly ignore it. The only time they will actually repair the roads is when there is a serious accident. Even then, there would need to be a public outcry before they act. :(

Sorry to be so cynical, but when I consider the recent council tax increase and then look at the state of our roads - it's hard not to be bitter.

I'm not sure what junction xyZed was referring to, but I know the junction of Division and Rockingham street is lethal. The recent work on the pavements has caused the road to become very bumpy. This isn't very safe as the bumps are right beside the part of the pavement people use when waiting to cross. One careless driver hitting a bump at speed could lead to... :?

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Although I've increased the subject length, I thought your existing subject was fine. What else did you want to include? Surely it says everything as it is?

I wanted to say, "Where can you report a dangerous junction in Sheffield?" We shouldn't have to spend time rephrasing a simple question. What is wrong with, "Where can you report a dangerous junction in Sheffield?" Why is that so long it will cause problems?

Edited by xyZed

Originally posted by "Classic Rock"

Which junction are you most concerned about?

Where Shiregreen Lane crosses Newman Road (S9) Coming down Shiregreen Lane and wanting to onto Jenkin Road, it appears as though it's one straight road accross but in fact Newman Road has the right of way.

Every time I drive through I know sooner or later there's going to be a head on smash,. There is no give way sign, no proper junction. It's the most bizarre junction I've seen and needs a small painted roundabout.

I've put two pics up to demonstrate. The first is of a car crossing from Shiregreen Lane to Jenkin Road, It looks virtually like a straight run across but the second pic shows a van coming up Newman Road with full right of way.

People wanting to cross, either just stop in the middle, indicate right (when they are not going right) or put hazards on.

It's crazy

Edited by xyZed

Yes, I am familair with this one and it's confusing. I personally have never had any problems with it. The only thing that bothers me is that I am unsure whether to actually indicate becasue there is the other road to the right which you could be wanting to take.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

Yes, I am familair with this one and it's confusing. I personally have never had any problems with it. The only thing that bothers me is that I am unsure whether to actually indicate becasue there is the other road to the right which you could be wanting to take.

There is still a right turn, it used to go to the flower estate. and people occasionally use it. If you are coming down Jenkin Road, you don't know if the person indicating right is going to turn right and therefore cross your path or whether they are going straight on and you can ignore them.

The trouble is that indicating right when you are actually going straight on is crazy. People don't know what to do. The fact that some (like me) don't indicate anything, others put hazzards on, and others indicate right proves that there is something drastically wrong.

Originally posted by "xyZed"

There is still a right turn, it used to go to the flower estate and people occasionally use it. If you are coming down Jenkin Road, you don't know if the person indicating right is going to turn right and therefore cross your path or whether they are going straight on and you can ignore them.

The trouble is that indicating right when you are actually going straight on is crazy. People don't know what to do. The fact that some (like me) don't indicate, others put hazzards on, and others indicate right proves that there is something drastically wrong.

I don't indicate either when I am going up Jenkin. I just basically move over to the right and stop, which also can be dangerous.

I have a problem with people using the bus lane running past the university approaching Brook Hill roundabout before 8.30 in a morning. Not especially dangerous but bloody annoying when youv'e patiently qued in the middle lane and then can't pull out to get in the left lane. The danger would be me unleashing a road rage attack on one of the que skippers. I wouldn't really, I just sit in my car swearing loudly.

I've known the police pull over and fine one person ever for this and it was my mate in a souped up golf so he was a bit more of a target.

Maybe they could fine more people and fill in all the holes with the money....... :lol: