Jordanthorpe Secondary Modern School

Looks like just you, me and Turkshead kiddo !!

Did you ever get in touch with Anne?

It is annoying me because I don't recognise your surname :o

Edited by andrejuan

Hi no still looking for ann. My maiden name was caterer i was a shy nieve nerd i guess i hung around with kathryn hirst janet walker and ann i really need to find her

---------- Post added 14-01-2017 at 20:47 ----------

Ann lived on lowedges crescent bout half way down on left... what is your name

I attended between 1961 till1965, opposite the annexed there was a sweet shop, it belonged to the Munks, their son Dave played for Sheffield UTD. I remember Sibley, he was in the library.Helliwell was the woodwork teacher, in my last year Haythorne was the form teacher, he knocked about with Miss Waite, I believe he later married her, he was very strange.
Ivor Hawthorne, would you believe he is still around, he is a minister at Mablethorpe.

Hi

Yes, I though the 'Pirates of Penzance' concert had been in summer 1972 also. That would fit in with my timing.

Anyone went to Jordanthorpe Secondary school between 1955-1960. I remember someTeachers were Bennett, Walker, Jenkins, White, Wragg, Sibley and head Adams.
yes Alan Burley, went to jordanthorpe boys same years left Christmas 1959 my teachers were Sibley and Chalky White. they were great. made some good friends.

On 08/06/2015 at 01:28, RiffRaff said:

Something must've altered, because I remember Mr.Sibley roaming around the school library - did he teach Geography as a subject? - for a few years, and I didn't start at J school until after the winter of '62...think he was there for a few years after that.

I remember seeing him 'kitted up' and in town waiting for the Bakewell/Hathersage/wherever bus to go hiking.

Nice bloke - I liked him a lot, but my favourite teacher was 'Chalky' White...I thought he was brilliant. No longer with us, I suppose...

I quite agree. I was there from 62 and Mr. Sibley was there too for a few years.

Does anyone still have Jordanthorpe memorabilia,  blazer badge, tie,  scarf, school song or school moto?

Please get in touch I'd be grateful. 

Steve Hastings. 

On 08/06/2015 at 01:28, RiffRaff said:

Something must've altered, because I remember Mr.Sibley roaming around the school library - did he teach Geography as a subject? - for a few years, and I didn't start at J school until after the winter of '62...think he was there for a few years after that.

I remember seeing him 'kitted up' and in town waiting for the Bakewell/Hathersage/wherever bus to go hiking.

Nice bloke - I liked him a lot, but my favourite teacher was 'Chalky' White...I thought he was brilliant. No longer with us, I suppose...

I quite agree. I was there from 62 and Mr. Sibley was there too for a few years.

I don,t have any memorabilia but I believe the school song was, I vow to thee my country all earthly things above.

I went to Jordanthorpe when it first opened in 1953 when Greenhill County school and Woodseats  school were amalgamated to Jordanthorpe  Mr Adams was the headmaster and I always remember he ruled with an iron fist .