Jordanthorpe Secondary Modern School

There was a Miss Waite/White? at Bradway County yes.

If it is the one I am thinking of, I ended up living next door to her. We had many chats about those days. I knew her by her married name so it was a while before I realised she used to teach me.

Was Miss Waite a teacher at Bradway County School (now Lowedges)? There was a teacher by that name there 1960 - 1966.

I think there are different Miss Waites, or was it Miss White? Miss Waite with the large chest was Jordanthorpe main building.

At Bradway County, Miss Daniels was my form teacher and before I left Mr Strange.

I would have been there early 60's, leaving when 11 in 64-65.

I went to the Jordanthorpe annexe in Greenhill for 1 year before the main building in the second year. My form teacher at the annexe was Mr Roberts.

I think there are different Miss Waites, or was it Miss White? Miss Waite with the large chest was Jordanthorpe main building.

At Bradway County, Miss Daniels was my form teacher and before I left Mr Strange.

I would have been there early 60's, leaving when 11 in 64-65.

I went to the Jordanthorpe annexe in Greenhill for 1 year before the main building in the second year. My form teacher at the annexe was Mr Roberts.

Yeah, what I should have mentioned is I was remembering B C Infant school.

But I can't be sure if it was White or Waite. But she was a slightly built woman.

Yeah, what I should have mentioned is I was remembering B C Infant school.

But I can't be sure if it was White or Waite. But she was a slightly built woman.

I was also at Bradway County Infant School albeit in the late 50's. I remember Mrs Gagan, Miss Vick who smoked incessantly and the tyranical and feared Miss Hayward. Miss White rings a bell, I recollect she was a well liked member of staff by the pupils?

Wasn't Mr Duckenfield the school caretaker, I remember he had a Morris Isis?

If my memory serves me correct, weren't the assembly halls back to back with the inner quadrant adjoining with the relief map of the British Isles?

I was also at Bradway County Infant School albeit in the late 50's. I remember Mrs Gagan, Miss Vick who smoked incessantly and the tyranical and feared Miss Hayward. Miss White rings a bell, I recollect she was a well liked member of staff by the pupils?

Wasn't Mr Duckenfield the school caretaker, I remember he had a Morris Isis?

If my memory serves me correct, weren't the assembly halls back to back with the inner quadrant adjoining with the relief map of the British Isles?

I remember Miss Vick (was she the head?) and a little plump teacher but the name has gone. Miss White was a gentle spoken woman who was liked by the children, but admitted to me that lots of bottoms got smacked by her.

I would have started there in 1964. My sister would have been there five years earlier. I can't remember a lot about the layout except for the playground (my favourite place there) and the map of the British Isles surrounded by water. I seem to recall looking out to the left of the assembly hall onto the map?

I'd love to see some photo's of the place.

I remember Miss Vick (was she the head?) and a little plump teacher but the name has gone. Miss White was a gentle spoken woman who was liked by the children, but admitted to me that lots of bottoms got smacked by her.

I would have started there in 1964. My sister would have been there five years earlier. I can't remember a lot about the layout except for the playground (my favourite place there) and the map of the British Isles surrounded by water. I seem to recall looking out to the left of the assembly hall onto the map?

I'd love to see some photo's of the place.

I was probably therie about the same time as your sister as I was born in 1953, starting school at 4/5yr old, so 1957/58 I would have started at Bradway County Infant School, went through to the Juniors and then Jordanthorpe, leaving when I was 15.

It's all a bit hazy now, 57 years ago!!! I lived up near the terminus in the maisionettes at the back of the shops.

Bradway County - my memories are Miss Waite was a rather glamorous looking lady and Miss White was a small lady and somehow or other I think she had a limp.

I can remember the map of the UK in the quadrangle. It would be good if the school arranged an open day for former pupils. So many memories.

Miss Vick was the constant smoker. I can recall her telling us all to use the word 'have' and not the word 'got' in our writing. Strange how thinks stick in your mind.

I'd forgotten the name Miss Gagan. Mr Strange was my teacher in the 4th year (age 10/11) in the junior school. I can remember that classroom - up stairs nearest to the clock tower.

Our PE teacher was Mr Hughes.

Hi i was at jordanthorpe till 76 anyone tem ann butler

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 18:03 ----------

Hi i left jordanthorpe in 76 and since then lost contact with my best friend her name was ann butler off lowedges crescent

Hi i was at jordanthorpe till 76 anyone tem ann butler

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 18:03 ----------

Hi i left jordanthorpe in 76 and since then lost contact with my best friend her name was ann butler off lowedges crescent

Ann was in my year at school, I don't know where she is now but I am sure someone will.

Hi

Can anyone remember what year the end of year pantomime "Pirates of Penzance" was held, as I helped do the make-up for the sailors on stage. I need to know the years for a specific reason as it coincided with an event in my life.

It was in the early 1970s after 1971.

Hi

I will try to discover the year of "Pirates of Penzance". It may take a while and you could get other replies in the meantime.

---------- Post added 14-08-2016 at 15:38 ----------

Hi Jeddo

re "Pirates of Penzance" I am fairly certain that it was 1972.

Who was in my year at jordanthorpe i was there 70 to 76 and spent first year at old annex in bradway