Can My Employer Do This?

Leaving it to the others! well I've heard it all now! how cheeky are you or a down right coward, I had some sympathy for you earlier, now I have none, where is this flippin fridge, I'll come and chuck your grub out. :rant::suspect:

I bet the OP is devastated reading that :roll:

She doesnt have to provide a fridge or a locker room, her trying to be nice end up with a fridge full of rotten food and bad smell. i think she did right, if i was her i will sell the lockers and the fridge to show whos the boss

See my amended post danny number 60, I changed it entirely m8

See my amended post danny number 60, I changed it entirely m8

How stupid is the law, cleaning records etc etc just to have a fridge at work place . The work law should be change to favour the employer more as there is more people looking for job

Most of the posts so far are ill-founded. The real answer is contractual.

Unless employees' use of the refrigerator is prohibited by the employer [unlikely], and if it's provided by the employer for employees to use [likely], there is probably an implied licence for employees to use it undisturbed by the employer.

Exception: if the employees' Contracts of Employment exclude that implication.

Just as an update, when we got to work today, our boss had stuck a notice in the locker room/ canteen area saying that anything left in the fridge or in the canteen/ lockers at closing time would be thrown in the bin. Staff have to take everything home, including uniforms. Someone who their shopping binned yesterday has contacted her union and they are coming in to see her. But it does all seem to have gone over the top now!

Tell her that contacted the union to look for another job . She is on her way out. Crikey how many of you are going on strike to support her.

Edited by spider1

Just as an update, when we got to work today, our boss had stuck a notice in the locker room/ canteen area saying that anything left in the fridge or in the canteen/ lockers at closing time would be thrown in the bin. Staff have to take everything home, including uniforms. Someone who their shopping binned yesterday has contacted her union and they are coming in to see her. But it does all seem to have gone over the top now!

Again, the employer probably cannot change the employees' Contracts of Employment.

Tell her that contacted the union to look for another job . She is on her way out.

No way is she losing her job:loopy:

I wonder if the boss reads this forum?

Leaving it to the others! well I've heard it all now! how cheeky are you or a down right coward, I had some sympathy for you earlier, now I have none, where is this flippin fridge, I'll come and chuck your grub out. :rant::suspect:

The reason I am taking a backseat is because I am on holiday for a fortnight after dinner time tomorrow. Should've maybe explained that.

The boss has stolen from her workmates.This constitutes gross misconduct and is punishable by instant dismissal.

The boss has stolen from her workmates.This constitutes gross misconduct and is punishable by instant dismissal.

When will you get in the real world there are loads of people like you on the dole saying there is nothing suitable out there for me .Bosses can do what they like and that includes sacking people like you who like to report them for trivial offenceses . You would be the first to go.

Why is it theft? Did the manager take the stuff home?