Annoying phone calls about stopping unwanted calls

Just had a call from a foreign woman called Jennifer asking for my valuable opinion about stopping unwanted calls, last week I had an Indian phone up more or less saying the same thing, I think he was called Richard. As soon as I said I record all my calls and give them to the TPS the phone went dead. Trouble is TPS can't do anything as the number is unavailable, might put a whistle by the phone and blow it, that should deter them from ringing back.

Just ask her what colour knickers she's wearing. She'll hang up immediately!

.....get caller display.................don't recognise the number? Don't answer it!!

There is no number, it says unavailable and that could be anyone who is exdirectory as well as these companies.

.....get caller display.................don't recognise the number? Don't answer it!!

What happens if it is from the hospital/police? or your parents with new mobile number?:loopy:

get a big whistle, might not stop them but you can have some fun listening to them scream when they get a blast from it.

What happens if it is from the hospital/police? or your parents with new mobile number?:loopy:

Caller display plus answering machine: never answer the phone unnecessarily again.

Why should a hospital or police withold their number.

I think your post was overly insensitive.

There is no number, it says unavailable and that could be anyone who is exdirectory as well as these companies.

Then that is a risk that these people take when they go ex directory.

Trouble is TPS can't do anything as the number is unavailable,

They can do something as most of these calls come from overseas and have to pass through the network, modern electronic exchanges can intercept these calls with a recorded message saying that unavailable/withheld numbers calling to these subscribers from foreign places are not accepted.

In reality it is simple.