What's happened to Frecheville Pond?

Hi all

I took my little boy for a walk around Frecheville Pond at the weekend - what's happened to it? It was almost totally overgrown with only a couple of spots that you can fish from. A section of the path/bank has collapsed as well.

I spent hundreds of nights fishing there when I was a teenager (yeah I know there was a 'no night fishing sign' but nobody ever bothered us!), There was loads of canadian pondweed in it at that point, but there were lots of spots to fish all around the pond and the fishing was excellent.

The last time I walked around it a few years ago all the weed had gone and it looked barren, but at the weekend it looked like it's being completely taken over by weed and those minature lilies.The water was clear, but years ago on a summers evening you'd see Tench and Carp everywhere on the surface - it was the only pond i've ever fished where the Tench were easy to catch off the top on dog biscuits or bread!

I understand leaving sections of the bankside and margins to overgrow and encourage wildlife, but it seems the council have just completely left it alone for years.

Does anyone here still fish there or know anyone that does?

its the same story for arbourthorne pond

i fished it last year and only had a small perch,and there was only a couple of fishablr swims its a shame because ive had some awesome short evening sessions over the years catching between 6-15 tench in a session!!

my pal has been fishing it on evenings, smashing tench out up to 6lb on floating bread

Work has now begun round the pond to repair/improve the pond & immediate area.