Anyone know of 100% mortgages?

I will keep looking for a 95% mortgage or tell my son to keep saving, they really dont help the first time buyers anymore do they, its so unfair when they work and want to purchase there own instead of bidding on council propertys ( and he would only get a pokey flat anyway)

When we bought our first home ( a while ago now) we had to put a 10% deposit down.....it was normal then..

You can obtain a 100% mortgage if you can secure some of the deposit against your parents house. We have an advisor at reeds rains who can help you with this, call 0114 233 0250 for further information or to book an appointment.

A lot of the larger builders like Persimmon or Barrett will contribute 5% of the purchase price towards your deposit. May be worth ringing around to see what deals you could get.

A lot of the larger builders like Persimmon or Barrett will contribute 5% of the purchase price towards your deposit.

But that merely means reducing the purchase price- it won't in any way increase the % mortgage advance otherwise available.

But that merely means reducing the purchase price- it won't in any way increase the % mortgage advance otherwise available.

Surely it would give you 5% more deposit than you already have?

You could buy a house in clowne for 70k so no need for a 100% mortgage.

Simples

does anyone know who does 100% mortgages, or a small deposit

thanks

We got one years ago, but they classed it as a 95% mortgage and a 5% loan. So there are ways around it if there is no money going spare

I will keep looking for a 95% mortgage or tell my son to keep saving, they really dont help the first time buyers anymore do they, its so unfair when they work and want to purchase there own instead of bidding on council propertys ( and he would only get a pokey flat anyway)

Both Redrow and Barratt have deals on new builds with a 5% deposit:

Edited by MZ2832

Surely it would give you 5% more deposit than you already have?

Initially, yes- but the Council of Mortgage Lenders advises mortgagees and solicitors to beware of fraudulent cashbacks designed to scam the mortgagee [lender] into over-lending.

I have just purchased a property from them personally with a 25% deposit from my own funds, they have then gifted an additional 5%, the purchase price was not reduced. In addition to this I sourced my own mortgage products via a independent broker so you are not tied to one of their approved lenders as part of the deal.

In all it seemed quite strait forward, having worked in the banking, mortgage and property industry's I was initially dubious but everything has been ok to my surprise.

my cousin got a 100% mortgage I think it was barrats but that was years ago.