20 years ago today.

Right if I'm going to be totally honest & people can put this in their memory lockers: I don't blame WHU yes they did wrong, but Warnock was a pillock who took us down.

I blame Warnock for the totally negative tactics he used, 4-5-1 even at home, we were 10 points clear & yet we got sucked back into it. I remember losing 3-0 @ Chelsea & Hulse broke his leg, what did NW say when he got back to Sheffield.

Well me & the family went to see the stage show Lion King, big bloody deal, I said when we went up we should have brought someone else in to be boss, and moved him upstairs.

There were defining moments that season I'd be here all day, but the fact remains we were 10 points clear, and any Blade who is worth their salt will be honest & say, I think the most embarrassing display, was saved for Villa it was diabolical. It was an absolute horror show, and worst of all I was in hospital for the Wigan game, following a suspected heart attack.

I blame McCabe ever since as he's made mistake after mistake, never accepts any blame & then has the nerve to have a pop at fans. We are a total shambles I thought the 70's & 80's were bad, but now its just embarrassing.

KM is just not interested in the club anymore and I hope he goes sooner, than later, we have to be realistic & cut our cloth accordingly. I wish I could still go but I can't but I remember how I used to get excited in the build up, to a game & at the start of season I was counting the hours, never mind the days.

I blame Warnock and West Ham for us ending up back in the Championship.

I blame McCabe and his mistakes since our relegation from the PL for us being in League 1.

What a lot of people don't realise is that Tevez and the other one who I forget his name now for some weird reason, actually had an adverse effect on WHU's results from the moment they arrived. It could easily be argued that without those two, WHU would have finished with a higher points total.

Just saying like.

What a lot of people don't realise is that Tevez and the other one who I forget his name now for some weird reason, actually had an adverse effect on WHU's results from the moment they arrived. It could easily be argued that without those two, WHU would have finished with a higher points total.

Just saying like.

At the same point, they could have done a lot worse too.

Either way, it's barely worth talking bout these days.

At the same point, they could have done a lot worse too.

Either way, it's barely worth talking bout these days.

except for trying to have a dig if you 'support' those from s6

eyup PB, whatever certain s6 posters dig at that particular season, i for one from s6 thought the blades were a credit to the premier league

eyup PB, whatever certain s6 posters dig at that particular season, i for one from s6 thought the blades were a credit to the premier league

Eyup thisen m8y

TBH I thought 20 years ago we were great fearless and shooting at goal for fun but at the end of the day to stay in the prem you needed a lot of luck and the rub of the green which we didn't get

This Saturday I will be at Bramall Lane as usual.

Condolences. :)

I won't be able to be there Saturday

You lucky person. :thumbsup:

I blame McCabe and his mistakes since our relegation from the PL for us being in League 1.

I'm a big fan of the Wilson / McCabe dynamic duo. :thumbsup:

When we do out '20 years ago today.....' threads, it's usually a cup final win, or a semi final victory over united, or games in Europe.

Not just that we once scored a goal in the premier league.

Different gravy :hihi:

History was made on this day at Bramall Lane by a Sheffield United player and Sheffield united something that can never be repeated or bettered.

Different gravy indeed.:cool:.

When we do out '20 years ago today.....' threads, it's usually a cup final win, or a semi final victory over united, or games in Europe.

When someone asks who won a cup 20 years ago, most people wouldn't be certain.

If someone asks who scored the first Premier League goal, people know,

It is a 'claim to fame' for the Blades and Brian Deane.

It might not be a major achievement, but it is definitely something worth remembering.

Didn't the Owls have a dinner, to celevrate an anniversary of beating United 4-0? That's only a victory, but in the grand scheme of things, it is worth remembering as one of the best results in a derby between Sheffield clubs.

You really are bitter & twisted Frank, get in touch with the Premier League & ask them for all the records since it began in 92. If you then go through said records it will say 1st goal scored ever in Premier, Brian Deane Bramall Lane Vs Man Utd.

It is there for ever incontrovertible in its existence, no you lot build a wall every time you do the double over us, every 96 years :D:D