What is halfway like?

- am having to move from city road on the manor to the halfway, anyone know much about the area?

It states on wikipedia it is abit rough, but don't know compared to the manor.

I would imagine it's like Narnia compared to the Manor.

Truth is - it's a big sprawling housing estate merging with other big sprawling housing estates. If you live on a road with decent sized houses you might have better neighbours.

I remember when Halfway was just a tiny hamlet - a crossroads on the road from Eckington to Rotherham.

I think I preferred it then.

I would imagine it's like Narnia compared to the Manor.

Truth is - it's a big sprawling housing estate merging with other big sprawling housing estates. If you live on a road with decent sized houses you might have better neighbours.

I remember when Halfway was just a tiny hamlet - a crossroads on the road from Eckington to Rotherham.

I think I preferred it then.

Yep I remember that with the pub on the crossroads..and Glover's mill up the road.

Halfway isn't like the Manor at all. It's nice! Which bit will you be moving to at Halfway?

Yep I remember that with the pub on the crossroads..and Glover's mill up the road.

went to school there - Westfield. Had lower school at Halfway and upper school at Mosborough. That pub used to serve chip butties to the kids at lunchtime - and just below that - Stampers shop - where one could procure cigarettes despite being in school uniform.

Halfway ... a sprawling moonscape with a large council housing estate with its fair share of drug problems along with its neighbouring estate of Westfield. A bit tamer than the Manor I should think though

went to school there - Westfield. Had lower school at Halfway and upper school at Mosborough. That pub used to serve chip butties to the kids at lunchtime - and just below that - Stampers shop - where one could procure cigarettes despite being in school uniform.

Hmmm, I spent a few lunchtimes walking over the Brow and then up Moggy Peat's field to go to Upper School..

It's Halfway to Paradise.

Looks like a very nice area and very close to Rother Valley.

The only downside is that it may be a long way from town.

Are you looking for anything in particular as it may be ideal for some but entirely unsuitable for others.

It really depends which bit of Halfway you are looking at. I lived at the top end for 25 yrs (near windmill greenway and Morrisons) without any issues whatsoever. My parents still live in the same area.

I have heard the estate near the Double Top pub has a reputation

It's Halfway to Paradise.

Looks like a very nice area and very close to Rother Valley.

The only downside is that it may be a long way from town.

Are you looking for anything in particular as it may be ideal for some but entirely unsuitable for others.

it's half way to killamarsh, billy fury. :hihi:

The best example of tautology used to be (and perhaps still is) Halfway Middle School.