Anyone work at Fletchers Bakery between 1970- 77

I worked as a van lad and aslo in both the confectionary and Bakery between the above dates and would like to instigate a reunion of former colleagues. Is anyone out there interested?

Mark Simmonite

hi mark i worked at fletchers between 79 till 2005. But my brother started work there in 76 and still does his name is jimmy dodd il ask him if he remembers you. A lot of the old boys have left now but theres still some there like mark loyd . steve glaves. trever burton. alan barker . dave

Originally posted by doddy

hi mark i worked at fletchers between 79 till 2005. But my brother started work there in 76 and still does his name is jimmy dodd il ask him if he remembers you. A lot of the old boys have left now but theres still some there like mark loyd . steve glaves. trever burton. alan barker . dave

Hey Up Doddy

Sorry to say that I don't recall any of the names you mention,

I left in 1977. Names that I'm looking for are Roy Mitchell, Steve Smith, Dave Clarke, Norman Batty, Tony Jones any of the Slack family.

Hi, I didn't work at Fletchers but my old mate Ray Jackson did. He used to work on the vans. Told me about the time he got a new van, went from the old petrol one's to brand spanking new diesel one. Trouble is when he filled the new diesel van up he thought he was still driving the old petrol job. oops.

:help:

pitty you didnt recall any of the names . but Roy Mitchell left went on to be driveing instructor . , Steve Smith, is still there . Dave Clarke, cant remember him. Norman Batty cant remember , Tony Jones he retired . Slack family russel is still there kenny left. And the older one , cant remember his name used to be on the stores well hes still there but runs all the stores now. do you remember jack hill . he died about three years ago good bloke . and there was crowy the parkin man . mark atkinson left last year .Hope you remember some of them if i think of some more il be in touch . Dave

My cousin, David Glaves worked for Fletchers.

Also A contact over here in Canada Tom Iles ,although Tom has had heart problems and I haven't talked to him for a while

Originally posted by doddy

pitty you didnt recall any of the names . but Roy Mitchell left went on to be driveing instructor . , Steve Smith, is still there . Dave Clarke, cant remember him. Norman Batty cant remember , Tony Jones he retired . Slack family russel is still there kenny left. And the older one , cant remember his name used to be on the stores well hes still there but runs all the stores now. do you remember jack hill . he died about three years ago good bloke . and there was crowy the parkin man . mark atkinson left last year .Hope you remember some of them if i think of some more il be in touch . Dave

Cheers Doddy

I knew that Roy went on to be a driving instructer but lost track,

Ask your brotther to send my regards to Smithy. Tony retired Eh, cant believe so much time has passed. I do recall Jack and am sorry to hear that he has passed. He was as you say a super chap as was his brother George. I wonder if he's still living. Also old Johnnie Crow. He was some character!!

Originally posted by 3dogman

Hi, I didn't work at Fletchers but my old mate Ray Jackson did. He used to work on the vans. Told me about the time he got a new van, went from the old petrol one's to brand spanking new diesel one. Trouble is when he filled the new diesel van up he thought he was still driving the old petrol job. oops.

I know Ray well and still see him often. He lives close by me in the Firth Park area and tours the Sheffiled real ale pubs playing his Guitar and singing folk songs.

:help:

sorry to say George too as pass away some years ago now. Il tell jimmy to give your regards to Smithy .Dave

Hey up kensimmo, only thing I knew Ray picked was his nose. Is this the Ray Jackson that lives on Windmill Lane?

Originally posted by 3dogman

Hey up kensimmo, only thing I knew Ray picked was his nose. Is this the Ray Jackson that lives on Windmill Lane?

Yes it is Dogman, or at least he did! I know the one to which I refer still lives in the area.

How long ago is it since you saw him?

Don't think I've seen Ray since the mid 90s. The one I know has a brother called Brian. Used to go drinking with Ray in Hartley House club.