Compost bins from City Heeley Farm

According to this link of the Sheffield City Council website, compost bins are available from Heeley City Farm for £12.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/gardenwaste/composting.html

Has anyone bought one or know whether they are any good? Also, what size are they?

We can manage to exist with fortnightly bin collections as we use the blue bin and recycle quite a bit. However, when we do stuff like cut the lawns then we produce an extra two or three bags of waste.

I may actually pop to the farm over the next few days. Haven't been before and feel that I should maybe take the kids some time.

In the meantime though, if anyone knows what size the bins are and whether you've got one and use it and it's OK, could you let me know.

Cheers

G

According to this link of the Sheffield City Council website, compost bins are available from Heeley City Farm for £12.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/gardenwaste/composting.html

Has anyone bought one or know whether they are any good? Also, what size are they?

We can manage to exist with fortnightly bin collections as we use the blue bin and recycle quite a bit. However, when we do stuff like cut the lawns then we produce an extra two or three bags of waste.

I may actually pop to the farm over the next few days. Haven't been before and feel that I should maybe take the kids some time.

In the meantime though, if anyone knows what size the bins are and whether you've got one and use it and it's OK, could you let me know.

Cheers

G

I have a compost bin I bought from the Council 5 or 6 years ago.

it is Conical in shape about 3 ft high, about 18" diameter at the top

and about 2ft 6" at the base. It is made from really strong plastic material

and works a treat producing compost in about 3 months or less in

summer.

I got a compost bin from council, rats chewed through the side of it, now it is on a brick base with chicken wire on bottom and round the sides. I Didn't put any kind of meat products in the compost, one rat was actually living in the bin, it isn't now.

hi nothing to do with the compost bins but its similar. do you know anywhere in sheffield i can purchase fruit trees?

I'd like a compost bin, so if you have a successful journey would you post please :)

i bought one a while ago, they pretty good....they are about 3 ft high an they delivered mine.

I'd like a compost bin, so if you have a successful journey would you post please :)

Went today - they're £13 and they're the 220 litre bins. Unfortunately none in stock until Monday - they've had a rush on them.

I think that the 330 litre bins may be better so may order a couple of those from this site instead:

http://www.sheffield.getcomposting.com/

Will just have to find somewhere in the garden to place them.

G

Got a phone call to advise that the compost bins were in stock so picked up a bin today from Heeley Farm. £13

Can start putting our kitchen and garden waste in now.

cool, thanks